BajaNomad

Shore fishing...limits of yellowfin croaker

shari - 7-2-2010 at 07:55 AM

We celebrated Canada Day by going to secret beach with a cooler and fishing pole! As usual Juan got his limit of croaker within an hour at high tide...that beach is awesome and always produces nice fish. (picture cropped for all of you who cant appreciate speedo's)

Also did some beachcombing for stuff to decorate "The Tide Pool" eatery opening soon in Campo Sirena. It's been fun collecting stuff...there are always neat old weathered glass bottles on this beach...almost like malarrimo.

Russ - 7-2-2010 at 08:49 AM

Nice big croaker! I'm drooling now and you should hear from me soon (I hope).
Can I post this pic on my surf fishing forum? http://www.scsurffishing.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=2&st...

Howard - 7-2-2010 at 05:21 PM

Russ

I hope you are drooling over the fish and not Juan

BMG - 7-2-2010 at 05:30 PM

I'm confused. Was the croaker cropped out or not?

mulegemichael - 7-2-2010 at 06:35 PM

nope..it's there...just give it time.

shari - 7-3-2010 at 07:20 AM

We BBQd that monster up when we got home...I gotta tell ya...croaker is one of my favorite fresh fish...it's soooo sweet and moist!! The rest of them will be on the grill tonight as Juan feeds the guys while the girls are at Sirenita's baby shower.

Russ - 7-3-2010 at 07:55 AM

And ...
What do you feel about corBina? With as fat as that fish was I suspect the sand crabs are in too?

[Edited on 7-3-2010 by Russ]

shari - 7-3-2010 at 08:02 AM

Our secret beach always seems to have those big fat crabby things everywhere which may explain why it is such a productive beach for croaker.

KAT54 - 7-3-2010 at 02:18 PM

Are not croaker full of worms?
Are not they bottom feeders?

redhilltown - 7-3-2010 at 11:25 PM

If they ARE full of worms they are some of the tastiest worms I've ever eaten!!!!!

shari - 7-4-2010 at 08:08 AM

these shore fish eat those little crabby looking critters in the sand...very healthy...never experienced the worms in croaker yet...now...lobster...those babies ARE crap eaters.

fishabductor - 7-4-2010 at 08:21 AM

I love Crap-eaters. They are yummy!!

:tumble::spingrin:;);D:lol:
Croakers are great smoked. That's what I usually do when I limit out.

I bet kat54 is full of worms, or something else.

[Edited on 7-4-2010 by fishabductor]