BajaNomad

El Picazon in Loreto

Juanita - 7-5-2010 at 03:51 PM

I had heard about some mysterious place far out along the north Loreto beach and finally friends showed me the way. El Picazon is lovely in every way, with simple pleasing architecture and open to a full 180 degree sweep of the bay with Coronado Island filling the distant view. Kayaks lie on the beach of small cobble, if you would like to go out while dinner is cooking. The owners, cooks and hosts are Imelda and Alejandro and they make you feel very much at home. I had a simple vege wrap for lunch which was ambrosial and can't wait to go back. Open for lunch (12 to 5 p.m.) and dinner (5 to 8 p.m.) Go 7 k.m. north from the malecon, along the simple unchallenging dirt road, past Mil Palmas. I think maybe there was a jog to the left from the malecon to the dirt road. Buen provecho!

Loretana - 7-5-2010 at 06:55 PM

Very nice folks.
Food is marginal and overpriced.

bajajudy - 7-5-2010 at 06:58 PM

It was a very sad day when Imelda and Alejandro left San Jose. We used to eat there at least once a week. Just had a friend visiting and she wanted to go to that great place with the scallop burger.
Please say Hi to them from judy and jim in san jose....the book people.

Marc - 7-8-2010 at 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Juanita
I had heard about some mysterious place far out along the north Loreto beach and finally friends showed me the way. El Picazon is lovely in every way, with simple pleasing architecture and open to a full 180 degree sweep of the bay with Coronado Island filling the distant view. Kayaks lie on the beach of small cobble, if you would like to go out while dinner is cooking. The owners, cooks and hosts are Imelda and Alejandro and they make you feel very much at home. I had a simple vege wrap for lunch which was ambrosial and can't wait to go back. Open for lunch (12 to 5 p.m.) and dinner (5 to 8 p.m.) Go 7 k.m. north from the malecon, along the simple unchallenging dirt road, past Mil Palmas. I think maybe there was a jog to the left from the malecon to the dirt road. Buen provecho!

There's an even friendlier place a little farther north.;D

Howard - 7-9-2010 at 06:14 AM

I give thumbs up to this place. Yes, it is slightly pricey but the service and the attitude is second to none. Food is excellent and the view and the view is spectacular.

A little rough getting out there and I think they are closed on Sunday, Monday and maybe Tuesday.

It just goes to show you that you can build a place in the middle of nowhere. It's a real treat just to see what one can do with imagination and hard work

golfgemini - 8-14-2010 at 12:01 PM

:P I too have eaten there, the food is great and the owners are lovely
! But the view, outstanding Make sure you call first, we have been out there a few times and they were closed................