BajaNomad

Mi Jacalito (My Little Shack, Thanks, Dennis!) - Chicken, Chicken or Did You Want Chicken?

Gypsy Jan - 7-6-2010 at 10:08 PM

It is a roadside stand with the charcoal-fired grill wafting the smoke out onto the highway.

When you go inside, in typical Mexican restaurant style, they have a welcoming, fiercely-clean dining room with two very large flat screen TVs furnished with round tables and those cowhide skin/rattan chairs that are very comfortable.

There is a very large patio in the rear with a ridiculously attractive slide for children that should be in a water park.

"Un Pollo Entero" gives you an entire, fat and juicy, charcoal-grilled chicken with rice, beans, tortillas and salsa for $7.00.

[Edited on 7-9-2010 by Gypsy Jan]

bajafam - 7-6-2010 at 10:10 PM

mmmmmm....where is this lovely house of Pollo and Ponies??

OK, If You Are Up for This

Gypsy Jan - 7-6-2010 at 10:25 PM

"Pollos Mi Jacalito" is located on the north side of the free road (Carreterra Libre Tijuana-Ensenada) on the downside of the hill west to Rosarito. First you pass Carnitas Javier on the north, then you pass Mariscos Carrizal, also on the north side. At this point, Pollos Mi Jacalito is about 200 feet farther down the road.

Mi Jacalito has a big Tecate billboard overhead; but a lot of the other roadside establishments have one as well.

[Edited on 7-7-2010 by Gypsy Jan]

knuckles - 7-6-2010 at 10:47 PM

Why do all these names sound so familiar, yet I can't visualize where they are...Kilometer please?

Pollos Mi Jacalito

Gypsy Jan - 7-7-2010 at 08:22 AM

Carr. Libre a Ensenada, Km. 20
Col. Independencia
CP 22710 Rosarito, Baja California

Ph: (661) 613-3445 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              (661) 613-3445      end_of_the_skype_highlighting & (661) 613-4054

Hrs: (Not sure if it is 7 days) 9am - 6pm

DENNIS - 7-7-2010 at 08:30 AM

"Mi Jacalito (My Little Pony)"

I think that translates to My Little Shack. Jacal is Shack.
On the other hand, if that place is serving Pony, perhaps you're right. :biggrin:

knuckles - 7-7-2010 at 10:00 AM

Thanks Jan... I am sure I have seen this place. Not sure why I have not eaten there, but will give it a try.

I Swear I Found the First Translation in a Spanish-English Website

Gypsy Jan - 7-8-2010 at 08:22 PM

But, I couldn't find it again.

I probably did as usual and screwed up my request. So, I have edited the title to the correct version.

Never mind, the food and place is cheap and cheerful - that is the accurately translated, absolute truth.

Mexicorn - 7-8-2010 at 08:50 PM

Sounds good we'll give it a whirl.