BajaNomad

Big Fishing Tournament in Rosarito?

Gypsy Jan - 7-9-2010 at 06:16 PM

OK, all you sportsmen and women know more about this than I do, but since there is nothing on the board, I thought I would post what little I know.

Yesterday, we had dinner at Vince's Restaurant and Fish Market in downtown Rosarito (BTW, the dinner was excellent, as usual) and by the time we finished they were setting up tables for a big banquet. Several banners and table placards announced $500,000 mn prize, $300,000 mn prize, etc.

As we left, we stopped to admire the two Bayliners parked on trailers out front; one had dual 250 hp outboards and the other, a mere dual 150 hp outboards (this is what hubby told me, so don't hold me to journalistic accuracy standards).

We were told by some of the organizers that this is going to be the "biggest and best fishing tournament ever".

I hope that this is true and if you are a fishing-tournament-event-entering Nomad, this might be something you will be interested in.

[Edited on 7-10-2010 by Gypsy Jan]

woody with a view - 7-9-2010 at 06:24 PM

Quote:

"biggest and best fishing tournament ever".

i LOVE those.... every time!;D

Important Omission

Gypsy Jan - 7-9-2010 at 06:30 PM

If I read the banner correctly, I think the fishing tournament is on August 14.

bajabass - 7-9-2010 at 06:50 PM

Where are the boats going to launch? San Diego, Marina La Salina, The Coral? There is no ramp or marina in Rosorito yet. Any contact info available? Thanks for the heads up Jan, first I've heard of this.