BajaNomad

What has become of Aquamarine RV Park in La Paz

Iflyfish - 7-14-2010 at 07:50 AM

I loved that place. Great location on the water, nice pool, great meeting place, good vibes and night heron nesting over the pool. I wonder what has become of it and what the RV camping alternatives are in La Paz?

I know of the Maranatha, but it is not on the water and a bit out of town.

Iflyfish

Lee - 7-14-2010 at 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Iflyfish
I loved that place. Great location on the water, nice pool, great meeting place, good vibes and night heron nesting over the pool. I wonder what has become of it and what the RV camping alternatives are in La Paz?

I know of the Maranatha, but it is not on the water and a bit out of town.

Iflyfish

Aquamarina was a very nice place. Richard (and Mary) got tired of running it -- think he had health problems.

There's a place half way to Comitan, behind a espresso cafe, on the left (if leaving LP), and know they have wi-fi. Looks OK and I'd stay there if needed but not extended -- not like Aquamarina.

noproblemo2 - 7-14-2010 at 02:29 PM

They were both so sweet, she loved showing her orchids and telling of her days at sea, do hope they were able to at least stay on their lovely property.

Jack Swords - 7-14-2010 at 03:27 PM

Richard and Marilu are still there on their property. They simply retired.

bajabass - 7-14-2010 at 04:02 PM

Lee, that is Campestre Marantha. Nice place, clean casitas also. My wife spent a week there job and house hunting.

noproblemo2 - 7-14-2010 at 04:26 PM

Good to know they are still there, will have to drop by next time we are there to say hi again, was just remembering the time she was telling us of how her boat broke free and floated off during a storm..... Anyone have any pictures of it? I always wanted to try and climb on it but was too darn big to get up..

Iflyfish - 7-14-2010 at 05:25 PM

That place was a very famous hang out for the Hollywood crowd in the John Wayne days and he regaled me with stories about some of those guests. Wonderful people indeed.

Campestre Marantha is the other place I have seen there but it is a bit out of the way. It is very clean and well maintained, all in all a good place. I am wondering if there is a hotel/cottage/side yard, on the beach etc. that might have a place for us to hook up while we enjoy La Paz.

We loved the Aquamarine, lots of history there indeed. It would be nice to be able to be close enought to town to catch a cab to Tres Virgines!! and the Malecon. A guy can wish can't he??

If you know of such a place please U2U me and Mrsfish and I can make plans.

Thanks for these great posts.

Iflyfish

Iflyfish - 7-14-2010 at 05:27 PM

Any info on these?

Los Aripez RV Park
La Paz, BC Mexico
01152-612-124-6090

Casa Blanca RV Park
La Paz, BC Mexico
01152-612-124-0009

El Cardon Trailer Park
La Paz, BC Mexico
01152-612-124-0078

La Paz RV Park
Brecha California No. 120
La Paz, BC Mexico
01152-612-122-4480
01152-612-122-8787

Iflyfish

Iflyfish - 7-14-2010 at 05:30 PM

or these?

La Ventana Campground
Oasis RV park
Yo Yo's Campground and Trailer park

I am not familiar with any of these.

Iflyfish

Diver - 7-14-2010 at 06:42 PM

Quote:
or these?

La Ventana Campground
Oasis RV park
Yo Yo's Campground and Trailer park

I am not familiar with any of these.

Iflyfish

La Ventana campground is where you came to visit us with Comitan. No services but fairly clean showers and a very nice beach.

Yoyo's is on the right just before you get to La Ventana's main campground. It has palapas and some hook-ups. It is also quieter (in the campground but the roosters are everywhere). It has easy access to the beach.

Both are within easy walks to a few mini-mercados and nice restaurants.
You can fish out of La Ventana or Los Muertos is 15-20 minutes drive.
Our friends from Washington own and run the Casa Verde B&B near Yoyo's if you need any assistance while you're there.

Iflyfish - 7-15-2010 at 06:52 AM

Diver,

Of course! I recall La Ventana and your "walk like an Egyptian" son on his surf board!! Cracked me up. Good times there.

I must be getting old, wait, wait, I am getting old.

Thanks for the orientation, going this winter?

Iflyfish

longlegsinlapaz - 7-15-2010 at 08:43 AM

Quote:
Any info on these?

Los Aripez RV Park
La Paz, BC Mexico
01152-612-124-6090

Casa Blanca RV Park
La Paz, BC Mexico
01152-612-124-0009

El Cardon Trailer Park
La Paz, BC Mexico
01152-612-124-0078

La Paz RV Park
Brecha California No. 120
La Paz, BC Mexico
01152-612-122-4480
01152-612-122-8787

Iflyfish

Los Aripez RV Park = On the beach & on the hwy in El Centenario....IF it's still in operation, you'd HATE it, it was a filthy dive....nothing personal Diver! :lol:....10 years ago & there was an ever present essence of raw sewage wafting over the area from their bano/shower building 24 x 7.

Casa Blanca RV Park = On the hwy in Fidepaz, right across the street from the Fidepaz hospital. Very clean, very well kept park, hwy noise might be a problem if your sensitive to that. Older mature trees around the area for shade. Of what's available in La Paz area, this would be my #1 recommendation.

El Cardon Trailer Park = Turned into a gated housing enclave 7-9 years ago.

La Paz RV Park = :?::?::?: I did a search on GoogleEarth for "Brecha 120, La Paz, BCS" & it went straight to a point in town near the water, I'm not personally familiar with that area, but I'm thinking it might possibly be another name for the former Aquamarine RV park....but that's just a guess, because of the distinct shortage of RV parks in this area, waterfront of otherwise. Maybe Jack Swords or someone else more familiar with that area could shed more light.....?

There's an area at Tecolote where RV's are always parked above the beach, but Tecolote would be more of a logistics problem for convenience to town than Campestre Marantha in Chametula.

So....in town that I'm familiar with....Casa Blanca would be your best bet & approx. 15 minutes out of town I'd recommend Campestre Marantha.

Someone recently took a cab from downtown La Paz to my place on the far end of El Centenario (near the El Comitan/CIB road/PEMEX junction) & it amazed me that the fare was only $150 pesos.

Hope this helps. If all else fails, you could always park in my side yard for an awesome view of the bay & gorgeous night views of the lights of La Paz across the bay....but you'd have to go approx 1/2 - 3/4 mile if you want to dig your toes in the beach sand!:lol:

BajaBruno - 7-15-2010 at 09:04 AM

Campestre Marantha is worth a visit just to be near Cafe Exquisito. I think the cafe is named after the young lady who owns it.

Iflyfish - 7-15-2010 at 09:44 AM

Thanks again, great info and a generous offer longlegsinlapaz. We have really enjoyed La Paz! We will check out both the cafe and the beautiful lady it is named after. Mrsfish and I both enjoy good food and beauty.

There is some great birding to be had in La Paz and I will post at a later date with an inquiry as to best locations.

Iflyfish

Jack Swords - 7-15-2010 at 12:50 PM

Here's a thread earlier this year on a similar topic. La Paz RV Park was closed (but still intact, unlike El Cardon). It's down near the big tower condo and the kids playground, across from the water.

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=42833#pid4893...

bajajudy - 7-15-2010 at 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBruno
Campestre Marantha is worth a visit just to be near Cafe Exquisito. I think the cafe is named after the young lady who owns it.

I could be wrong but I think that the name of the coffee shops(at least there used to be more than one) simply means delicious. There are a lot of hot days stands with the same name. I have asked myself several times how a bacon wrapped hot dog could possibly be exquisite. I believe that it is an adjective not someone's name.

Hook - 7-15-2010 at 02:31 PM

I am guessing it's a guy thing, Judy.

A woman definitely can be exquisito.

bajajudy - 7-15-2010 at 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
I am guessing it's a guy thing, Judy.

A woman definitely can be exquisito.

exquisita
I am really asking for it, arent I....

:dudette:
Back on topic
I would take legs up on her offer!
edited for clarity

[Edited on 7-16-2010 by bajajudy]

Iflyfish - 7-15-2010 at 07:55 PM

Afraid you did step into that one Judy!

I hope we can get to know some other Nomads on this trip down the Baja, after going through Skeets gauntlet in CC.

I would love to meet Legs and other Nomads when there. May be time for a party?!

Thanks Jack, appreciate the link.

Iflyfish

AquaMarina RV Park

rsadcock - 12-27-2012 at 11:32 AM

AquaMarina RV Park has officially re-opened again! We have twelve beautiful spaces and have made many improvements to the Park. We now have three apartments for short or long term rental. No pool. There is good WiFi coverage throughout the Park.
Still have that fantastic waterfront setting! All Baja Nomads are welcome to come and visit us.

dtbushpilot - 12-27-2012 at 11:53 AM

Great news rsadc-ck, welcome to Nomads...

Hook - 12-27-2012 at 12:48 PM

Great news, Nomads! An RV option closer to town. Is dry camping or tent camping an option? Some Nomads might prefer that.

I stayed there a few nights in the mid 80s, I believe.

My boat is named Marisla, even. I didnt have it back then.

[Edited on 12-27-2012 by Hook]

David K - 12-27-2012 at 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rsadc-ck
AquaMarina RV Park has officially re-opened again! We have twelve beautiful spaces and have made many improvements to the Park. We now have three apartments for short or long term rental. No pool. There is good WiFi coverage throughout the Park.
Still have that fantastic waterfront setting! All Baja Nomads are welcome to come and visit us.

Great News!:bounce::bounce::light:

bajajudy - 12-27-2012 at 01:11 PM

rsadc-ck
please check your U2U
thanx

Jack Swords - 12-27-2012 at 03:19 PM

Richard Adc-ck (Mary Lou's husband) died on September 14, 2012.

http://math.ucr.edu/ftm/bajaPages/MsgBoard/

Is this their son's post?

Hook - 12-27-2012 at 04:05 PM

My apologies. I will delete that portion of my post.

Did that announcement ever make it onto the Nomads board?

Gawd, I havent been on Metcalf's site in forever. The format reminds me of the A de B days. Rather clunky, but, hey, it gets the job done.

[Edited on 12-27-2012 by Hook]

Hook - 12-27-2012 at 04:13 PM

Seeing as how this was rsadc-ck's first post, he may not know where to look for a U2U or what that even is. Better keep this post bumped till someone can confirm that he can get U2Us.

bajajudy - 12-27-2012 at 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
Seeing as how this was rsadc-ck's first post, he may not know where to look for a U2U or what that even is. Better keep this post bumped till someone can confirm that he can get U2Us.

You're right, Hook!
rsadc-ck...look up the right side of the page. just above "logged in as", you will see"you have a new U2U message" click on that and you will see my message. you can answer here if you cant figure out the rest.
cheers

Iflyfish - 12-27-2012 at 06:13 PM

Welcome aboard and this is very good news indeed. Location, location, location!!!

Iflyfish

rv parks

captkw - 12-27-2012 at 06:28 PM

Agua marin open again !! thats very cool !! I belive La paz Rv park is now a kids theme park..casa blanco was not open in jan.2012 and I miss the el cardon and the 1 arm guard..you always ran into someone you new at el cardon..K&T:cool:

rsadcock - 12-29-2012 at 10:53 AM

Thanks to all the posters for the info on navigating the site. Yes, I am Richard's youngest son, Roger. It was my Dad's desire before he passed that we re-open the RV Park. I am living here with my wife, Cheryl. We are helping Mary Lou run the Park and we are indeed open for business. Still in the process of making a few more improvements but are just about there!

ncampion - 12-29-2012 at 12:04 PM

Can you give some driving directions to the Park for those of us who don't know where it is? Thanks

Directions

rsadcock - 12-29-2012 at 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ncampion
Can you give some driving directions to the Park for those of us who don't know where it is? Thanks

Hello,

Google map instructions are listed on our web site under "contact".
www.aquamarinarvpark.com

Regards, Roger

Sweetwater - 12-29-2012 at 12:16 PM

I would appreciate a link to the site or one that gives contact information and location information. La Paz is always on my list. Thanks

bigjohn - 12-29-2012 at 12:18 PM

http://www.aquamarinarvpark.com/

David K - 12-29-2012 at 12:18 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Hello,

www.aquamarinarvpark.com

Regards, Roger

Here is the direct link to the map page...
Map Page

Sweetwater - 12-29-2012 at 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Quote:
Quote:

Hello,

www.aquamarinarvpark.com

Regards, Roger

Here is the direct link to the map page...
Map Page

thanks, blurry reading glasses.
;D

Jack Swords - 12-29-2012 at 12:36 PM

Met Roger today at Aquamarine RV Park. Glad he posted additional information...so folks, it's open, beautiful as always. See their website for contact info.

David K - 12-29-2012 at 12:42 PM

Note to Roger... looks great... and to make any web address be a hyper link here (in blue) just be sure to add http:// in front of the www (no spaces)!

Iflyfish - 12-29-2012 at 12:44 PM

I had the honor of meeting your mom and dad, wonderful folks who regaled me with stories of the luminaries who made their place home. I have very fond memories of sitting around the pool and watching a nesting Night Heron so close I could touch him, if I had the bad judgement to do so.

Best of luck to you, you will be very successful and much appreciated for what you are doing.

Iflyfish

Is this the place?

Howard - 12-29-2012 at 02:12 PM

Is the AquaMarina RV Park the one on the water where a large vessel was or is? It might of been a large dive boat at one time and maybe a research boat many years ago. If that is the place, I am glad as the place was great with your folks being "salt of the earth" people. I remember turning left where the DHL office was and if I passed the office, I just went back.

Marisla II

rsadcock - 12-29-2012 at 05:35 PM

That's the place! - the large ship was my Dad's dive boat/excursion vessel Marisla II:yes:

rsadcock - 12-29-2012 at 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Note to Roger... looks great... and to make any web address be a hyper link here (in blue) just be sure to add http:// in front of the www (no spaces)!

Thank you for that!

Best Regards y Prospero Ano Nuevo.

rsadcock - 12-29-2012 at 05:49 PM

Quote:
I had the honor of meeting your mom and dad, wonderful folks who regaled me with stories of the luminaries who made their place home. I have very fond memories of sitting around the pool and watching a nesting Night Heron so close I could touch him, if I had the bad judgement to do so.

Best of luck to you, you will be very successful and much appreciated for what you are doing.

Iflyfish

Thanks for the kind sentiments - they are very much appreciated.

Roger:yes:

Rsadc-ck

captkw - 12-29-2012 at 06:15 PM

Hola, 79 or 80 I was there in the morning for coffee & Pan Dulce..I was a kid but I remember A really sweet Lady that sort took me under her wing when I was there..Would that have been your mom ??? we had coffee on the waters edge and I have always rememberd that !!! looking at mogote !! before any thing was built there...wait,,,there might have been a sorta dome top building over there,,cant recall !! anyway...good on you and your sucess...K&T:cool: