BajaNomad

Portofinos in Rosarito

Phil C - 7-16-2010 at 02:56 PM

Can anyone give me a review on this resturant? My better half wants to know. Thanks

Hope You Get a Recent 1st Person Response

Gypsy Jan - 7-16-2010 at 07:15 PM

But, in any case, hubby and I dined at Portofino a few years ago and had a pleasant, if unmemorable meal.

The memorable part of the evening came when we arrived home and hubby discovered that his wallet was missing. He called the restaurant, they told him they had it. He drove back and retrieved the wallet; it had been placed in a in a plastic bag and heat-sealed. The wallet contained cash and credit cards - all untouched. The employees wouldn't/couldn't accept a reward.

So, we returned for another dinner and asked for the the same waiter that had served us before and we left him a generous tip and our thanks.

KASHEYDOG - 7-16-2010 at 07:50 PM

I've eaten ther several times a year or so ago. It was an excellent dinner each time. Good service and pleasant atmosphere. I recommend it...... :yes::bounce:

Copy of a review to follow:

Portofino RestaurantNext I want to take you to a great Italian restaurant here on the strip. The restaurant is called Portofino (just a block and a half from the Rosarito Beach Hotel). The restaurant and bar are located on the top floor. As you go up the stairs there is a wonderful mural of the real Portofino in Italy. I suggest
Portofino BarPortofino for dinner but arrive a little early so you can enjoy a drink at the most amazing bar I’ve ever seen. In my past life I was a bartender so I’ve seen many a bar!! I’m not sure if I’m bragging or confessing.... Well anyways this bar takes the cake. I dub thee “ the best bar I’ve ever seen”.
The decor reminds me of Alice in Wonderland. Don’t ask me why. When we were there we had champagne, lobster and steak.
Alice in Wonderland???The food was excellent , the service fantastico and the cheque was reasonable beyond my wildest dreams. I highly recommend, Portofino!!!

Have fun :bounce::lol::bounce:

[Edited on 7-17-10 by KASHEYDOG]