BajaNomad

Getting Gassed

MrBillM - 7-20-2010 at 08:29 AM

If you're the Mexican Army, is a big deal.

Don't know how long it has been going on since ayer was the first I'd seen it, but when I pulled into the self-service gas station at the SF Traffic Circle, an Army Pickup had just pulled in. The armed troops in the back deployed in a perimeter around the vehicle arms at the ready and facing outward. They remained that way until the vehicle was ready to drive off.

Before we left, a second and third Army vehicle pulled into the station. Same routine.

Think they're a little edgy ?

bajabass - 7-20-2010 at 12:59 PM

A couple well placed shots by the bad guys= instant inferno.:fire: I'd be a little edgy as well!

mtgoat666 - 7-20-2010 at 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBillM
...but when I pulled into the self-service gas station at the SF Traffic Circle, an Army Pickup had just pulled in. The armed troops in the back deployed in a perimeter around the vehicle arms at the ready and facing outward. They remained that way until the vehicle was ready to drive off.

Before we left, a second and third Army vehicle pulled into the station. Same routine.

well, the army is not stupid, they saw mrbile standing there and intinctively knew that they were looking at the face of the devil (or a sociopath)

capt. mike - 7-20-2010 at 01:47 PM

"well, the army is not stupid,"

beg to differ... the ones i had to deal with mar - may this year collectively had IQs in the range of rock to toaster...
not the brightest and best of Mexico's yoots are getting in i'd say.
the smart ones i have seen are navy guys.
and air force guys.

again - Bill is right.

Armed at the Pump

MrBillM - 7-22-2010 at 08:12 PM

I mentioned to mi esposa that this might be another of those "WTF are we doing here ? " moments for the casual tourist on their first trip to scenic Baja California.

[Edited on 7-23-2010 by MrBillM]