BajaNomad

2010 Ensenada Wine Festival

bajaguy - 7-30-2010 at 03:23 PM

some interesting links on the 2010 Ensenada Wine festival from Bajabound Insurance..........Thanks, Geoff!!!!!

http://www.bajabound.com/events/vendimiaschedule.php

http://www.bajabound.com/events/winecountrymap.php

capt. mike - 7-31-2010 at 06:48 AM

wow those buy - ins are pricy!!
i think i'll go to the temecula fest. on sunday 15th leaving TJ.
the problem with Mex vin fests is you CAN'T come home with cases of QTY....;^((

Mexicorn - 7-31-2010 at 07:22 AM

Yea it's a real rip off meant to entice the corperate crowd. It wasn't always like that.
Hey when are you going to give me a ride in that flying contraption?:lol::lol::lol:!

capt. mike - 7-31-2010 at 07:51 AM

whenever you want. where do you live?
going to baja next weekend to pick up 2 but i got a rider going shotgun already so am full coming home. [advertized here on notmads]
last trip south for me till fall some time.
or i could give you an aerial tour of Lake Havasu and the colo river to Laughlin NV.
:biggrin::biggrin:

BajaSerg - 7-31-2010 at 07:52 AM

Yup temecula fest sounds god to me too think I'll be going there.

capt. mike - 7-31-2010 at 05:14 PM

yes....wine is very God like.

Bajafun777 - 7-31-2010 at 09:11 PM

OK, I looked at the prices on the website but in fairness pick one or two and you are still under a $100 dollars for a couple of days of FUN,hopefully,LOL So, everyone has got to hope for the turnout but no matter what they have to pay for the setup and help. Thus, my nomad friends looking at the prices and locations of where the events are being held, then the cost may just cover their costs if the turnout doesn't happen. Enjoy, Be Safe and Always Safe Travel Wishes for all nomads & their friends. P.S. I am really enjoying the heck out of my long term stay in Baja, something I dreamed of for a long,long time. "No Hurry, No Worry, Just FUN" bajafun777

capt. mike - 8-1-2010 at 07:26 AM

where are you, bajafun triple 7s??
wish i was at Sturgis. or OshKosh.

bajaguy - 8-1-2010 at 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
wow those buy - ins are pricy!!
i think i'll go to the temecula fest. on sunday 15th leaving TJ.
the problem with Mex vin fests is you CAN'T come home with cases of QTY....;^((

Mike.............we will be attending 4 events at this year's festival.........cost for bajablonde and I will be about $265USD total....comes out to about $35 each......

And you can bring in more booze.....check the US Customs website and the laws regarding your state.

There are exceptions......

capt. mike - 8-1-2010 at 10:39 AM

And you can bring in more booze.....check the US Customs website and the laws regarding your state.

There are exceptions......

well it would be CA if i am at tecate.
and i see the limit at 1 lt PP unless paying duty.
if paying duty the value goes to stupid.
if i REALLY wanted serious QTY i'd go thru a customs broker at Brown field.