BajaNomad

A great video of surffishing on steroids

baitcast - 8-20-2010 at 10:52 AM

Looks like BUBBA and friends in the chase mode but its Tarpon on a Mullet run..........enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiX55eddBWw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOPI_XKs0ig

[Edited on 8-20-2010 by baitcast]

Cypress - 8-20-2010 at 02:05 PM

baitcast, Thanks for sharing the video. ;D Those tarpon know what's good. Mullet are great any way you fix 'em; smoked, fried, canned, baked, grilled..,,,:biggrin:

monoloco - 8-20-2010 at 03:03 PM

You are right about mullet, I love going to the beach with my throw net in the afternoon and getting a few to fry for dinner. They kind of remind me of a fried trout.

Skipjack Joe - 8-20-2010 at 03:29 PM

That really makes you blood boil.

I wonder if they actually caught anything. With so much bait around it may be hard to actually get one to take your offer.

It's like a great trico spinner fall. Trout rising everywhere as far as the eye can see but none will take your fly because there are so many better choices.

Ever notice how the best fishing comes at the end of the hatch?

Attaching picture of a trico:

[Edited on 8-20-2010 by Skipjack Joe]

trico.jpg - 6kB

woody with a view - 8-20-2010 at 04:06 PM

that is really awesome Rob. good find!!!!! let's hope summer is going to be saved as the weather is FINALLY heating up!

Cardon Man - 8-20-2010 at 05:19 PM

Sick!

baitcast - 8-20-2010 at 05:40 PM

A beautiful sandy beach and not one guy with a rod in his hand:rolleyes:

Those mullet are on the small side,way back Bubba and friends use to wake us up every morning chasing much larger mullet when done there would be a few on the ground right in our camp:lol: the noise was awesome.
Rob
The dog had the right idea.

Oranse - 8-22-2010 at 09:56 PM

Thanks for posting my video. I saw a spike in the views and found you guys. Skipjack Joe, you are correct, we dont seem to catch many fish when the mullet action is like that, but we have alot of success fishing the mullet run when it is less visually spectacular. It took years to make that video. Good news is this all goes down in september. I'm ready.