BajaNomad

Point Loma Kelp Beds

bajajurel - 8-21-2010 at 12:05 PM

OK, I know this is for Baja reports but I've been working on the boat for 3 weeks getting it ready for 3 trips to Baja in Sept, Oct, & Nov. So we took the boat out for a trial run to the Point Loma Kelp bed and thought we would land a few calicos but this 42 pounder jumped on my hook. I've been searching for one of these for 15 years!

[Edited on 8-21-2010 by bajajurel]

[Edited on 8-21-2010 by bajajurel]

WSB.jpg - 21kB

Alan - 8-21-2010 at 01:07 PM

I would take that as a good omen.

(Beautiful fish)

shari - 8-21-2010 at 01:11 PM

wow...felicidades...good warm up for your baja adventure indeed.

AmoPescar - 8-21-2010 at 01:28 PM

VERY NICE FISH!

In all my years of fishing, I've never caught one of them either. My son's first one was like yours...a surprise while fishing for other species!

Hope you have great trips south!

Miguelamo :yes: :) :D

bajajurel - 8-22-2010 at 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
wow...felicidades...good warm up for your baja adventure indeed.

Shari,

I enjoy reading l your posts! We will be visiting your neighbors in La Bocana and Abreojos. Your fish reports are important to us too.

Skipjack Joe - 8-22-2010 at 08:22 PM

They're up north here in Half Moon Bay. The Vietnamese are coming back with 2 to 3 thirty pounders per boat. Don't know where they're finding them but they're all dialed in.

BajaBlanca - 8-23-2010 at 11:08 AM

we here in La Bocana shall hold you to that BajaJurel !!!!!!! Great fish and congrats !!

should you have room in your boat for some donations people have made, pls let me know before you come. My sister can meet you and it can be a 10 min stop right off freeway 5. Gracias y nos vemos. (thanks and see ya).

bajajurel - 8-25-2010 at 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
we here in La Bocana shall hold you to that BajaJurel !!!!!!! Great fish and congrats !!

should you have room in your boat for some donations people have made, pls let me know before you come. My sister can meet you and it can be a 10 min stop right off freeway 5. Gracias y nos vemos. (thanks and see ya).

Have her call me or send me her telephone number U2U or to my email. We already have a few bikes, a surfboard or two, and baseball equipment so I'll have to see how much room we have left after that.

wilderone - 8-26-2010 at 08:19 AM

Yeah, nice fish. You should send a photo to The Log.

GEMcC5150 - 8-27-2010 at 10:55 AM

Be careful with bikes currently only one per person. We have a bike program in San Ignacio and had to leave some at the border.

bajajurel - 8-30-2010 at 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by GEMcC5150
Be careful with bikes currently only one per person. We have a bike program in San Ignacio and had to leave some at the border.

Thanks for the info.