BajaNomad

Baja Float plan 9/2-9/14

aguachico - 8-25-2010 at 01:31 PM

It's been 10 months without some serious Baja time.

Bill Opdenaker and I will be pulling a grady white to La Bocana in hopes to catch some good weather(hurricane pending), good fihsing(it's scratchy) and good times. Given the La Bocana people, good times are sure to be had. Large YT are mixed in with the boners and the water temp is 70. Tuna needs to be found and I'm gonna give it a try.

I will drop the yak in at Abreojos to check out Bajo wright and Knepper shoals for the resident YT and garopa that are starting to recover from the deadly red-tide a few years back.

If you see a maroon F250 with a blue yak and a Grady-White, don't be afraid to say hola. Disregard the grumpy old dude, the big handsome black guy is very friendly especially to morenas.

Salud

Art

bajabass - 8-25-2010 at 04:39 PM

Damn Art, I have not sold the shop yet. I'd love to meet you down there! Yesterday! Myriam is living and working in La Paz, waiting for me. I hope!:spingrin:

aguachico - 8-27-2010 at 06:51 AM

Hey Jon; que paso?
Glad to hear from ya. Looks like the engine may delay this trip.

Good deal on La Paz. Let Myriam bring in the pesos and you can fish everyday!!!

bajabass - 8-27-2010 at 07:53 AM

YUP!:biggrin: :cool: Looks good on the sale. If all goes well, I should be making my first trip down after escrow closes. I will hear more on the loan today, I hope! Banks are agonizingly slow. I'm looking at mid to late October, and I will haul the skiff down first. I'll be in La Mision this weekend, stop by if you come down!

aguachico - 8-29-2010 at 07:25 PM

Oye Jon;

carbs are sounding good, so we are pulling the trigger and hitting the road Thur-fri.

I was in la mision at maganas this weekend.; Breakfast at maganas. La sancha loves the view you have overlooking the water. Calafia was empty this weekend - oceanview room $75.

Fishing sucks this year all along the pacific coast. Cedros and Eugenia were the best place to be. BIG FISH for two months solid there.

Baja is not all about the best fishing, sometimes gotta stop and smell the chorizo. I've been working so hard I'll be happy being in LB safe sound and talking chit.

I'll meet you in La Paz as soon as you are settled!!

Salud