BajaNomad

Catching a Marlin with bare hands

Barbareno - 9-4-2010 at 10:22 AM

This video may not be all together true but it is fun to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsiSQTZdrlY

Iflyfish - 9-4-2010 at 12:38 PM

With a name like fishabductor I am shocked at your cynacism. Isn't that how you fish?? Don't spoil my image of you!

Keep your tip up!

Iflyfish

wessongroup - 9-4-2010 at 01:03 PM

Soon as I heard the Australian accent.. it was over... those guys are "crazy"...

And really like a laugh... as did I when he mounted that fish...

Only surprised he didn't have a Foster's in his hand too :lol::lol:

Iflyfish - 9-4-2010 at 01:44 PM

Abductor, I know...

You are clearly not cynic, a realist and reelist, no doubt about that, I have seen the pics. Just pullin your chain!

Don't you think marlin have paparazzi too? I know I usually have a heroic sound track in the background of my battles with the fishes.

Want to go fishing? I will be down Baja way starting in Oct coming back sometime late Jan.

Iflyfish

MitchMan - 9-4-2010 at 02:54 PM

Logically and objectively, I don't believe the video. I know what can be done with digital video editors and assembling the right clips to create something that really wasn't. But, that's not the point.

This is a Baja forum, for Baja people. Right now, I am sitting at my favorite internet cafe the Malecon in La Paz, looking out over the bay on this balmy breezy warm Saturday afternoon contemplating how perfect life can be at this very moment. As a result, I choose to fully believe what I saw on the video. In ten minutes, I am going to pack up and go next door to get a Cadillac Margarita, then I am coming back here to look at the video again.

By the way, Wal-Mart has a sale on Tequila, 1.75 L Tradicionales for $19.25 USD, Cazadores 1.75L for $!8 USD.

Iflyfish - 9-4-2010 at 05:12 PM

fishabductor
See your U2U

I mix it up. I fish panga and shore in Baja. We are in a 24' motor home so space is limited and I know I can catch fish using traditional gear and can carry enough to do some serious damage!

We live in a suburb of Portland, Oregon.

I love to fly-fish, will be off to BC to chase the elusive Kamloops for the last week of Sept and then its off to Baja for four months. I look forward to seeing old Nomad friends and to make some new ones on our trip. I hope we can hook up with Nomad fishermen and birders on this trip. Mrsfish in big into photography and fishing also.

It would be nice to put some faces to names and check out if other people doctor their fish images on Nomads!!

Thanks for asking. Hope we can meet.

I think MitchMan has figured out a really great method for fishing!!

Iflyfish

mulegemichael - 9-5-2010 at 07:02 AM

hey iflyfish, stop at our place on your way north..we live in sequim on the olympic peninsula..six months here, six months in mulege..i'm a fly fishing addict also.