BajaNomad

Asuncion Fish---Last Week

DianaT - 9-10-2010 at 02:25 PM

Just wanted to share some pics of some fish caught in Asuncion last week with Manuel Arce Aguilar at Kalicos Locos ---- one of the five excellent guides in town.

The Community is very hopeful that the new Community Web site will help give them the internet exposure they need to increase their businesses. It is why they have wanted such a site for such a long time, but just needed some help. They sincerely hope that some of you will give their business a shot at sharing in the tourist dollars that are flowing more and more into Asuncion.

As the blog on the site is now working, we will try to keep things updated on the website. Still working on it!

John and Diana

Iflyfish - 9-10-2010 at 03:08 PM

That's what were talking about!!! Yihola!!

Iflyfish

Russ - 9-10-2010 at 03:26 PM

That 1st pic.... was that yellowtail caught on that spinning reel with a convetional rod?
What a day! Thanks for the post.

DianaT - 9-10-2010 at 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Russ
That 1st pic.... was that yellowtail caught on that spinning reel with a convetional rod?
What a day! Thanks for the post.

I do not know, but I will ask Manuel. They do make some really interesting catches.

Last year, his nephew borrowed one of his row boats and caught this baby very close to shore on 40lb test.

Waiting to get another picture from this year of a very large halibut the young man speared in the same spot!

Thanks for looking.

woody with a view - 9-10-2010 at 04:45 PM

WOW!

bajajurel - 9-11-2010 at 09:31 AM

Nice catch!

Skeet/Loreto - 9-11-2010 at 09:52 AM

DianaT
Great Photos and stories!

Diana do you think that you could post some information on the "Land" area, what it contains, Sucyh as the use to be Lobster Season at San G, the small villages of La Purmisa, Stories about Commodu, etc,

Might get the Adventurers to visiting more in that Area. Getting people to come over from Hwy 1 Kilometer 79 across the Mountain is an Experience on its own.

Good luck in getting the Website going. I will support you 100%.

Skeet

DianaT - 9-11-2010 at 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto
DianaT
Great Photos and stories!

Diana do you think that you could post some information on the "Land" area, what it contains, Sucyh as the use to be Lobster Season at San G, the small villages of La Purmisa, Stories about Commodu, etc,

Might get the Adventurers to visiting more in that Area. Getting people to come over from Hwy 1 Kilometer 79 across the Mountain is an Experience on its own.

Good luck in getting the Website going. I will support you 100%.

Skeet

Skeet,
Great idea, but right now we have so much more work to do on the website for just our area. We are going to include lots of information about the Vizcaino area---research and exploration opportunities. It is so wide open.

We love the areas that you are talking about, so maybe someday we will expand to include other areas---like the idea.

Hope you have looked at the new website!

Diana