BajaNomad

There you are,

bajacalifornian - 9-11-2010 at 08:49 PM

feeling all smug about your own place in the Baja. You are accustomed and efficient with the drive from the states and haven't even been shot at. Tranquilo is no longer just a word. It's a way of life. Traffic jams are two cars at a crossroad, each motioning the other to go ahead. You're writing fewer posts. You suffer depression only in the hours leading up to northbound returns. You find yourself listening to news out of America with a new subtle grin. Life is good and about to get better.

There's noise out front . . . people with beer. Cold Mexican beer. Your neighbors have come to kidnap you and take you Fishin' In Puerto A. Lopez Mateos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzfchUmz92Q

bill erhardt - 9-12-2010 at 05:05 AM

Great clip, Jeff! Gabriel definitely has star potential. How many did you catch? Or were you just the cameraman?

BajaBlanca - 9-12-2010 at 05:24 AM

BajaCalifornian, welcome to Baja Nomads !!

It is so true about getting depressed about going North - my husband starts getting cranky when we start packing and stays so until we head back home to our paradise in La Bocana .... :lol::lol:

thank goodness we have narrowed it down to 2 times a year ...

again - welcome to Baja Nomad

shari - 9-12-2010 at 07:12 AM

Hey BC...welcome to the sandbox...I enjoyed your post...unique and humourous. Nice to have someone from Lopez Mateos here too...look forward to more of your stuff.

LOVE the giggling guys in rubber.

[Edited on 9-12-2010 by shari]

Iflyfish - 9-12-2010 at 07:34 AM

Welcome aboard! Great post, loved the movie.

Your fishing buddies might enjoy watching their cousins from the north Grabbin, or Noodlin'

Some great clips on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ogyuNcZ8OY&feature=relat...

Iflyfishbutneverbarehanded

Pompano - 9-12-2010 at 07:46 AM

Welcome to nomads and Great video! And definetely a reminder of noodling on the Missouri River...same thing, different waters.

Skipjack Joe - 9-12-2010 at 08:08 AM

They looked like they were having so much fun.

Thank you

bajacalifornian - 9-12-2010 at 04:08 PM

for all the kind welcomes. One of the languages I speak is Baja. You of similar tongue, I feel part of.

I've a plan. Stow myself away on the StarShip Soledad and come out shooting . . . a scene of Bill's catch, image & release routine. Jeff

Cypress - 9-12-2010 at 04:17 PM

bajacalifornian, Good to have you onboard.;D

Phil C - 9-12-2010 at 09:57 PM

Jeff nice to see you on here, Phil

Santiago - 9-13-2010 at 06:12 AM

Very nice - looks like a lot of fun.. Can't believe 'BajaCalifornian" was not taken.

Surprised too

bajacalifornian - 9-13-2010 at 05:37 PM

Better was availability of the website name, years ago. Bajacalifornian has some history to it . . . spent time on my boat. Don't know what she's called now. Lives in Panama. Have fishing images taken from her in an overview of Lopez Mateos - see
http://www.bajacalifornian.com/PicsLopezEnviroment.htm

Signed, I prefer Pangas

MUN 2 045.jpg - 49kB