BajaNomad

Virgins trip to BCS

willyAirstream - 9-13-2010 at 08:55 PM

follow along at http://360panoramas.com

OK, admit it

Dave - 9-13-2010 at 09:08 PM

You tricked me. There really weren't any virgins, were there?

willyAirstream - 9-13-2010 at 09:29 PM

@Dave - you have to look real close at the pics to see the virgins.

@k-rico - see my other recent post, about radiator and such, So far, all is well. knock on aluminum

David K - 9-13-2010 at 10:28 PM

Cool...

sanquintinsince73 - 9-14-2010 at 11:47 AM

Great trip report so far. Keep 'em coming.

BooJumMan - 9-14-2010 at 07:15 PM

Living vicariously through your blog. Keep it up. Reading your blog just reminds me of my experiences and the hope of getting down there as soon as possible!

vandy - 9-15-2010 at 06:59 AM

The inspections at the military checkpoints on the way south are new. They usually just waved us through until just this year.
You'll be stopped at every one on the way north.
I think I counted 7 from Cabo to Tecate.

Thanks for the great report!

BajaBlanca - 9-15-2010 at 08:33 AM

love the log !! keep it up !! and yup - the road is very, very looooooooooooooooooong, hope you have some real good music to listen to. Baja is all about the big open spaces .....

willyAirstream - 9-15-2010 at 02:14 PM

Music? All I can hear are shakes and rattles :lol:
Amazing everything has held together ( except willy door latches are now mis aligned, 2 window cranks on aitstream, shook loose and spare tire enclosure ( really hoses and elec cords) shook loose and almost lost it. I had checked all the major nuts and bolts, but forgot a few minoe ones.
Thanks for the great comments guys. Day 3 is now posted.

bajafreaks - 9-15-2010 at 03:50 PM

Thanks for the blog Willy, I'll be checking it daily. My wife and I are doing the trip next year (1st time) so I'm definately taking notes.

BooJumMan - 10-9-2010 at 02:05 PM

Any updates!?? You haven't put anything up on your website in a week!

Marc - 10-9-2010 at 06:22 PM

Ricardo, Just missed you. We returned on Sept 25. Was it hot enough for you?? See my trip report "Baja Highs & Lows". My buddy, who lives in Antwerp now, reads in a magazine "the worlds top ten road trips". Baja was #1. So after 20 years he finally wants to come along. He was blown away. Wow!.. look...a cactus!!

willyAirstream - 10-11-2010 at 11:42 PM

Sorry I missed you Marc. "Wow!.. look...a cactus!” 没! “ 没MY 天后工会投诉EXACTLLY
Keybd is阿餐厅

案头how

[Edited on 10-12-2010 by willyAirstream]

wessongroup - 10-12-2010 at 05:59 AM

Willy, thanks so much for the trip report... it is just super... enjoyed so much this morning reading it with my coffee...

Really liked the flow of your writing... just did...

Thanks for the pictures and story for Gunner.... can only say I so sorry for the big guy... but, I think you gave him something he did not get ever... love.. plus a trip to Baja.. and from the pictures he was enjoying it... very much..

I lost my dog a few months back to some idiot driving in the compound where we stay... the little dog had been my constant companion for 7 years..

I had been confined to a hospital bed.. pretty much 24/7 for a number of years... and this little guy was my only visitor everyday and would stay with me most all the time..

I had always told "Scout".. I would take him someplace where he could be a "dog"..... and I think you did the same for Gunner...

From being treated with neglect to getting to go to the Baja with his "Dad" in the Willy's was most likely something very special for him and it shows in his pictures..

Again sorry for your lost... but, reading your trip report and seeing the pictures of the big guy... kinda of help me with your loss and mine...

Thanks for sharing.. will follow your adventures... watch your self and I hope you get that gas mileage straighten out...

Used to drive an old one, think it was a 1948 on my uncle cattle ranch in AZ when growing up... us kids.. and I mean that literally.. would drive the "hell" out of that old pickup... we couldn't tear it up... it was indestructible.. but, at that time... 1953... me and my cousins were like 11-13 years old.. and sure did not check gas milage ...

Again, just super trip report... thank you so much...

Hope it all works out ..... I'm sure it will.. some really great people here with "knowledge" and "contacts" which provide excellent help on about anything..

Music to travel by

Skipjack Joe - 10-12-2010 at 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by willyAirstream
Music? All I can hear are shakes and rattles :lol:

DianaT - 10-12-2010 at 07:39 AM

So glad you are back writing here and on your blog. Your tribute to Gunner was really special---he was lucky to have the years with you!

Now about that person----he is one scarey person!

[Edited on 10-12-2010 by DianaT]

windgrrl - 10-12-2010 at 07:45 AM

Remember Karma? Every act done, no matter how insignificant, will eventually return to the doer with equal impact.

Thank you for continuing your story in your blog.

bajafreaks - 10-12-2010 at 06:55 PM

I read your blog update this morning,what an adventure but hey that's baja. I'm looking forward to the rest of the story on the nut from ElCardonal I've seen his adds looking for someone to take care of the place, I guess it was too good to be true. Enjoy your trip home. RIP Gunner.

gnukid - 10-12-2010 at 07:44 PM

Got a chance to meet Willey Airstream, we had a great time!