BajaNomad

Castros, Camalu etc

vacaenbaja - 9-21-2010 at 05:16 PM

Has anyone fished these areas lately? What's biting?
Are the rockfish still abundant or have the boats from
San Diego hit the area too hard?

El Comadante Loco - 9-21-2010 at 08:21 PM

Fished Castro's last weekend. We headed south toward Colonet. Plenty of Rock fish, Ling cod and Chocolates.
We also found birds working, with tons of Barracuda hitting anything we threw.. We were lucky and bagged a couple of nice size yellowtails. Go, good luck and have fun!!

BAJA.DESERT.RAT - 9-22-2010 at 10:38 AM

Hola, if i may add to the thread, please include an update of santa rosalillita and colonet.

camping sites with electrical hookups and rooms would be extremely helpful too in my decision making.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

shari - 9-22-2010 at 11:14 AM

rosalillita now has a funky little hotel so there are rooms available...our amigos camp at our cousin's place...he's awesome...ask anybody there for martin arce and tell him Juan from Asuncion sent you!! he'll get ya what you need!

BAJA.DESERT.RAT - 9-22-2010 at 11:46 AM

Hola shari, thank you very much again ! you are always so helpful.

do you know what the rooms consist of, meals, possible wifi, and what the charges are ? i may just want to stay for one nite to go fishing, if not too expensive, maybe two nights.

i thank you in advance,

BIEN SALUD DA RAT

bbbait - 9-22-2010 at 11:55 AM

I think we were the first to stay there when we passed thru there last spring. The rooms are small with a nice dbl bed and shower, but no other extras at that time. Clean and only $25 a night.. no meals but they have a store next door. Juan's sister in law fixed us a nice meal for the 6 of us. I have the motel/restauant card somewhere if you want numbers..

shari - 9-22-2010 at 12:16 PM

hey Rat...my pleasure...Martin likes to get visitors and that's what baja families are all about...sharing good fortune and all Juan's family are really terrific and enjoy the amigos we send their way. It's our way of helping each other out and turning nomads onto some great folks.

It would be great to get that hotels # bbbait.

BAJA.DESERT.RAT - 9-22-2010 at 01:01 PM

Hola bbbait, yes, please post the numbers.

i thank you in advance.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT