BajaNomad

San Martin Island in San Quintin

sanquintinsince73 - 9-21-2010 at 10:08 PM

Any idea what type of fish are hitting at San Martin Island??

TonyC - 9-22-2010 at 01:14 AM

YT, calicos, and halibut. depends on which area of the island your fishing and how. Also yts coming off the high spots....slow trolling live bait, and rapalas. The last week winds blowing hard, but i heard the waters getting better by the day.

BAJA.DESERT.RAT - 9-22-2010 at 01:07 PM

Hola sanquintinsince73, if you sign onto " bloodydecks.com ", there is a mexico section and if you click on the third item down, it gives daily reports with comments.

apparently, it is pretty windy there so the reports are not great, yet !

there is s lot of good information as to the type you are seeking and i think you'll enjoy the website. several of the san quintin outfitters post there as well and the information seems to be accurate.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

sanquintinsince73 - 9-22-2010 at 02:18 PM

Thank you all kindly. We will be in SQ friday afternoon and depending on weather, fishing the isla saturday and sunday.

BAJA.DESERT.RAT - 9-22-2010 at 03:22 PM

Hola, according to bloodydecks, it's been fairly windy to about 20 knots ( maybe mph ) and the guys did catch fish but it was fairly uncomfortable. however, if you're into bottom fishing, i've read that it's excellent for reds and lings. so, take some heavier sinkers or jigs as you may have a fairly fast drift, unless they anchor. i don't know how deep they fish for anchoring.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

sanquintinsince73 - 9-22-2010 at 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Hola, according to bloodydecks, it's been fairly windy to about 20 knots ( maybe mph ) and the guys did catch fish but it was fairly uncomfortable. however, if you're into bottom fishing, i've read that it's excellent for reds and lings. so, take some heavier sinkers or jigs as you may have a fairly fast drift, unless they anchor. i don't know how deep they fish for anchoring.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

Right on, Thank You.