BajaNomad

For you BOLA lovers,a report to check out.

baitcast - 9-29-2010 at 01:55 PM

I would normaly not mention this but my trips south may have come to an end I hope not but right now it doesn,t look good.

There is a fish report on BD with pic,s that looks right,with Roosters no less,for years we have caught Roosters not the size in the report but smaller on occasion on the south bay straight out from the estro boca on a high and out-going tide any other time its pretty dead.

I only mentioned it a time or too not wanting to make a big thing of it,not only Roosters but the largest Corvina in the area even caught small jacks of some kind there.

Fish thru the high as the current starts out you will see the bait start to show as well as a bird or two show up.

We never used a boat but perfered to fish from the beach,halibut and some large sierra would show also,some times it was a regular convention.

Well there you have it one of my favorite secert honey holes just thought I would share with anyone enterested,have a nice day.
Rob

DENNIS - 9-29-2010 at 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by baitcast
I would normaly not mention this but my trips south may have come to an end

Sorry to hear that, Rob. All the more reason to hang around here and get a vicarious Baja fix when you feel the need for one.

Skipjack Joe - 9-29-2010 at 06:54 PM

Rob,

You can always look at the picture and remember how it was.

They were in that darker water just past the shallows. Your bait would drift out with the tide and you got all excited with the expectation of what would happen when it reached the blue water. And then the electrifying explosion as it took your offering! Followed by that screaming first run.

They can't take your past away from you.

Cypress - 9-29-2010 at 07:05 PM

baitcast, Thanks for your input and good luck with everything. Hope you'll continue to contribute to the forum.

4baja - 10-1-2010 at 06:17 AM

yea that is a hot spot for roosters late summer when the bait walls up against the shore. that marsh emptying into the bay will bring in the fish. good luck .

woody with a view - 10-1-2010 at 06:27 AM

thanks for the tip Rob. i may go check it out around the 10-12th. we'll be scoring some spotfin for sure, and thinking about you, Amigo!!!!