BajaNomad

LA Bay fishing guides

woody with a view - 10-3-2010 at 01:39 PM

we went in may and really liked it so since there are no tuna (yet!) in asuncion we figured we'd hang out on the pac side and go fish bahia.

leave pac side around 9am and drive across. find a guide for the following morning. get a hotel and enjoy the afternoon.

anyone want to recommend a guide and/or place to stay along with prices? we're hoping for dorado and YT and some cabrilla.

bigjohn - 10-3-2010 at 07:53 PM

We have always stayed with Ruben Daggett at his location north of town. He has always been our guide and one of his sons comes along and does most of the work. :yes: Ruben and Amanda are great people! There a couple of different options for camping whether in one of his rooms or the small palapas.

He puts us on whatever type of fish we are looking to catch. YT, Dorado, bottom fish, just tell him what you would like to catch.

There are plenty more guides in BOLA that have been mentioned here more than once. I do not have any personal experience with any of them and do not know current prices as it has been a couple of years since we were down.

mcfez - 10-3-2010 at 10:09 PM

Daggett's is the place to go, I'll second that. We love it there. The service. The view. Went out a few times...treated the kids very well.

woody with a view - 10-4-2010 at 05:28 AM

we are going to want a room for the night as we're leaving our campsite set up on the other coast.

4baja - 10-4-2010 at 06:26 AM

get a place with AC as its very hot and humid there now. casa de sole is a good one. igor is probably the best guide but there are alot to choose from. good luck.

Alan - 10-4-2010 at 06:32 AM

My favorite guide in BoLA is Igor Galvin. Not only does he put you on the fish but he also speaks perfect english so I get a chance to learn about the area while pulling on fish.

woody with a view - 10-4-2010 at 06:39 AM

where is casa de sol and how to find Igor?

Pacifico - 10-4-2010 at 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
where is casa de sol and how to find Igor?

Casa del Sol is on the right hand side of the road going south into town. Igor is Guillermo's son over at Guillermo's which is a bit further south on the opposite side of the road from Casa del Sol.

[Edited on 10-4-2010 by Pacifico]

[Edited on 10-4-2010 by Pacifico]

jadams - 11-9-2010 at 05:00 PM

Campo Archelon is nice and inexpensive The owner is Antinio Resendiz and his email is resendizshidalgo@yahoo.com The guide that I have gone out with serveral times is Marcos Blanco who lives in the campo and his boat is kept ther at the campo
hope you have good luck
Jim Adams

woody with a view - 11-9-2010 at 06:56 PM

as a hypocrite (it a long, boring story) i thank you. we didn't even go!

Curt63 - 11-9-2010 at 09:44 PM

Very nice of everyone to share good information and welcome Woody to an area you enjoy so much

(not much heavy lifting)

redhilltown - 11-9-2010 at 11:42 PM

I'll throw in another vote for Igor. He really REALLY knows the waters and has a great boat. Last time we fished there over the summer I think Ruben came aboard to help him out for the day so it was a great one two punch...those guys really know their stuff.

Igor though is heavily into the Baja 1000 so I would assume would not be available during the race. But get him talking about it, and you'll have a friend!

mcfez - 11-10-2010 at 05:32 PM

Quote:
we are going to want a room for the night as we're leaving our campsite set up on the other coast.

Daggett's has a motel right there too. We leave everything in too. I feel very secured at Daggett's

woody with a view - 11-10-2010 at 05:50 PM

Quote:
i thank you. we didn't even go!

i guess this must be info for the non-hypocrite, eh?:lol::light::P