BajaNomad

Entry list BAJA 1000 ..where is it?

surfer jim - 10-8-2010 at 08:26 AM

Haven't seen an entry list for the 1000 yet. Between the economy, cartel news, and the long run to La Paz it may be down this year. There just doesn't seen to be the same pre race "buzz" this year.

TMW - 10-8-2010 at 08:46 AM

DRAWING FOR STARTING POSITIONS WILL BE HELD ON SATURDAY, OCTOBER 9.

TO BE INCLUDED IN THE DRAWING, AN ENTRY MUST BE RECEIVED BY NOON ON TUESDAY, OCTOBER 5.

THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF CATEGORY FEES MUST BE PAID IN FULL AT THE TIME ENTRY FORM IS SUBMITTED.

A WITHDRAWN ENTRY WILL RECEIVE A REFUND, LESS A $200 FEE.

We will know tomorrow or soon after how many are entered. Tunaeater is entering and we'll start prerunning in November. With the economy as it is I have been surprised at the turn outs for the past couple of years, way more than I expected. SCORE says they expect 300. I hope so. Looks like a great course and fast too. The last NORRA race, this race and the NORRA race next May will give a bump to Baja Sur and maybe more will come for vacation. I'll do my part, I never met a Mexican meal or drink I didn't like.

Martyman - 10-8-2010 at 09:26 AM

When is the Baja 1000?

TMW - 10-8-2010 at 09:38 AM

The race starts Thursday Morning Nov. 18th. Ensenada to La Paz. Bikes and ATVs at 6:30am, 4 wheelers about 11:30am or 4 hours after the last bike leaves. Contingency is Wed. Nov 17th.

E.D.R.Rick - 10-8-2010 at 09:56 AM

they still go through San Felipe,right?Is the course the same as last year?

TMW - 10-8-2010 at 01:54 PM

It goes thrugh San Felipe. A preliminary map is up on the SCORE web site at www.score-international.com Sort of a combination of the 06 and 07 course.

David K - 10-8-2010 at 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TW
It goes thrugh San Felipe. A preliminary map is up on the SCORE web site at www.score-international.com Sort of a combination of the 06 and 07 course.

Course Map:

Close Up North:

Close Up South:

Prerun Map #1:

Prerun Map #2:

David K - 10-10-2010 at 09:02 AM

Here is a close up of Prerun Map #1, northern half (San Felipe to Hwy. 1):

TMW - 10-10-2010 at 10:09 AM

The course takes an interesting turn toward El Petrocino south of San Ignacio then to El Cuarenta. That eleminates the silt beds before El Cuarenta. There are three new sections SCORE added. This one and they added about 5 miles to the route as it comes onto the hwy to LA Bay. Also a slightly different route when it turns toward La Paz. I'm leaving Oct. 30th to check them out. I've also never been on the section that parallels hwy 1 going to Loreto.

David K - 10-10-2010 at 11:36 AM

I noticed that... past Desengaņo, instead of following the original L.A. Bay road in Arroyo Yubay, it continues eastward... this is Luz de Mexico mine area.

bajamikey - 10-10-2010 at 10:34 PM

The starting positions for each class are on score's web site

mtgoat666 - 10-11-2010 at 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by surfer jim
Haven't seen an entry list for the 1000 yet. Between the economy, cartel news, and the long run to La Paz it may be down this year. There just doesn't seen to be the same pre race "buzz" this year.

Perhaps there is less "buzz" because people are becoming more aware of the environmental damage caused by off road driving

David K - 10-11-2010 at 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:
Originally posted by surfer jim

Perhaps there is less "buzz" because people are becoming more aware of the environmental damage caused by off road driving

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yah, that's the reason!:smug: