BajaNomad

Mexican fishing license

boe4fun - 10-8-2010 at 08:36 AM

Can I buy a fishing license in Guerrero Negro? I can't get the Mexican web site to work so I can't buy one on line. If in GN, where does one go? Thanks in advance, Paul Boe

bajabass - 10-8-2010 at 12:02 PM

Are you already down south?

BajaDanD - 10-8-2010 at 01:07 PM

We usually get ours at the Dept of Tourisum in Ensenada on our way down. Its on the main drag/ Scenic route across the street from the Hotel Carona.

bajabass - 10-8-2010 at 01:14 PM

A very quick stop at Marina La Salina will work. They have them in the office at the launch ramp.

BAJA.DESERT.RAT - 10-8-2010 at 02:48 PM

Hola, a bit further south but i just bought a license for my son in los barriles at the pharmacy about three doors east of bancomer.

very enterprising, i thought.

also, friends have bought theirs from martin verdugo's rv park.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

El Comadante Loco - 10-10-2010 at 10:05 PM

Try this online. I got mine today. Only 2 attempts needed.

http://www.bestbajafishing.org/fishing-permits.php

You have to register, just follow the directions: In the box for the address #2 enter your city and state;

Use a credit card except Amex. They will e-mail you a link to print your fishing license tonight..

Cost $531 pesos or about $44 US at an exchange rate of 12:1

boe4fun - 10-11-2010 at 08:51 AM

Thanks ECL but when I tried again it forwarded me to the Mexican web site that I cannot get to work for me. I'll stop in Ensenada for the license. Gracias, Paul Boe

El Comadante Loco - 10-11-2010 at 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by boe4fun
Thanks ECL but when I tried again it forwarded me to the Mexican web site that I cannot get to work for me. I'll stop in Ensenada for the license. Gracias, Paul Boe

Yes, you are correct the site is an official government website of the state of Baja which is authorized to issue fishing permits. Look for the small American flag icon click on it and translates the page into English.. It took me a couple of times to get it to work but once you are done you can print and reprint you license at will.

Enjoy your trip!!!