BajaNomad

Fishing in Bahia Asuncion

DianaT - 10-8-2010 at 04:57 PM

Manuel Arce A. from Kalicosloco Sport Fishing, one of the guides listed on the Bahia Asuncion Community Website, requested that we post these photos of a few of the fish caught this week.

He reports that the largest yellowtail was 30 lbs. Lots of bonita and calico around and all are being caught in a short time near the Asuncion Island.

The lady looks rather happy with her catch. :yes:

Manuel

Happy Fishing!

[Edited on 10-9-2010 by DianaT]

captain4tuna - 10-8-2010 at 05:08 PM

Woohoo Gary and Terry....:yes:

DianaT - 10-8-2010 at 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by captain4tuna
Woohoo Gary and Terry....:yes:

Sunglasses are just not enough---:lol:

It is them, vacationing here from San Ignacio. And without their permission, these photos would not have been posted.

BAJA.DESERT.RAT - 10-8-2010 at 05:53 PM

Hola, thank you for the report and pics. damn, what a nice fat calico !!!! gotta let the spawners go and eat the two to three pounders though, and great yellows. both are favorites of mine to catch on either artificials or small mackeral.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

Cypress - 10-8-2010 at 06:21 PM

Diana T, Thanks for the pictures and the fishing report. :D

BajaDanD - 10-8-2010 at 06:47 PM

About time we get a fishing report from Asuncion. We'll be down there in 2 weeks.
Thanks

DianaT - 10-8-2010 at 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaDanD
About time we get a fishing report from Asuncion. We'll be down there in 2 weeks.
Thanks

And we all hope it just keeps improving! But at least you are far less likely to tear your vehicle apart driving in here! Do be careful

road

BajaDanD - 10-8-2010 at 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT
Quote:
Originally posted by BajaDanD
Thanks

And we all hope it just keeps improving! But at least you are far less likely to tear your vehicle apart driving in here! Do be careful

We are comming up the coast from La Bocana.
How about a fish report from that area, anybody???

shari - 10-9-2010 at 08:07 AM

hey Dan...I was held hostage in the GN hospital with no internet the last couple weeks...thus no fishing reports. Yellowtail have been fickle...some days awesome, limits on nice size fish and then nothing the next day...very strange for this time of year....but the calico have been fantastic as usual.

It was great spending time with G&T too...nice to see them take some r&r.

...can you please bring us a couple dozen oysters from the La Bocana coop???? make sure you look up bajablanca there too as she has a little package to send to baby Izaak...see ya soon bro.

rts551 - 10-9-2010 at 08:12 AM

Wow. 30lb yellow tail is pretty nice. "ll bet Gary's arms were tired. How dowes one get a hold of Kalicosloco Sport Fishing? or can you post the web page link?

shari - 10-9-2010 at 08:22 AM

I think Manuel's email is calicoloco@hotmail.com or call him at 160-0241 or his cel is 615-107-3720

DianaT - 10-9-2010 at 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
Wow. 30lb yellow tail is pretty nice. "ll bet Gary's arms were tired. How dowes one get a hold of Kalicosloco Sport Fishing? or can you post the web page link?

Check out the Bahia Asuncion Community Web Page the five licensed guides and their contact information are listed there. The site also has an information e-mail at either info@bahiaasuncion.ORG, or bahiaasuncion@gmail.com.

It has been a slow fishing start this year so one of the guides even left town for a couple of weeks to visit family ---Victor Verduzco from the hotel was out of town for a couple of weeks, but is back now.

Another long time guide is just waiting for his final Reserve permits-that will make a total of 6 ---when you are here, check out the photos of the fish he has caught over the years. You can enjoy the photos while you are buying fresh made tortillas at Dorita's.

Oh, the website does not post rates for any of the guides, you need to check directly with them for their competitive prices.

For most of the guides, it is best to reach them via e-mail as thier English skills vary and e-mails are easier to understand.

Hope to see you soon.

Opps

DianaT - 10-9-2010 at 12:27 PM

Did not mean to be rude ---since Gary and Terry gladly agreed to the use of thier photos, we should give them a plug for their beautiful B & B in San Ignacio, especially since it almost always receives rave reviews! They are long term residents of San Ignacio and now part time residents of Asuncion.

Ignacio Springs

So glad they survived the great San Ignacio flood.

BajaDanD - 10-9-2010 at 04:28 PM

Quote:
...can you please bring us a couple dozen oysters from the La Bocana coop???? make sure you look up bajablanca there too as she has a little package to send to baby Izaak...see ya soon bro.

If I pick up a dozen oysters in La Bocana I might just have to stop and eat them on my way to Asuncion :lol:

Russ - 10-10-2010 at 07:29 AM

Is there still a surf fishing shoot out the 15 to 18th? I'm hoping to be there on the 17 for a few days.:o