BajaNomad

Fishing report for Asuncion

shari - 10-11-2010 at 05:27 PM

Just a quickie fishing report while the new grandbaby is asleep! A group of Vagabundos are visiting Asuncion and enjoying thier stay. Yesterday, the calico nuts had a great day yeilding limits of 5-8 pound fish and lots of catch and release too.

When Juan Carlos was cleaning the cabrilla, he found this munched on little lobster in one of the bellies..so the fish as well as the campers enjoyed a lobster dinner...Lupita, Juan's sister fed them all last night her special fried lobster!

today other anglers went in search of the elusive yellowtail and did manage to find a couple...one that a shark got and one 15 pounder in the boat. They also caught some big bonita & barracuda. The ocean temps cooled alot this week...dang...no tuna yet either and yellowtail are pretty scarce...gotta work this season to get em! but our own nomad Howodd was happy to land this guy.

DSC06505.JPG - 33kB

BAJA.DESERT.RAT - 10-11-2010 at 06:26 PM

Hola shari, great catch ! yellows and calicos are my favorite to catch with small mackeral or sardines.

a belated congratulations to you and your family and especially the proud mother and father. may your new grandson grow up extremely healthy, big, strong and smart. he has a great headstart with wonderful genes !

he will be growing up in the finest baja environment.

all my best to you all,

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

mcfez - 10-12-2010 at 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
Just a quickie fishing report while the new grandbaby is asleep! A group of Vagabundos are visiting Asuncion and enjoying thier stay. Yesterday, the calico nuts had a great day yeilding limits of 5-8 pound fish and lots of catch and release too.

When Juan Carlos was cleaning the cabrilla, he found this munched on little lobster in one of the bellies..so the fish as well as the campers enjoyed a lobster dinner...Lupita, Juan's sister fed them all last night her special fried lobster!

today other anglers went in search of the elusive yellowtail and did manage to find a couple...one that a shark got and one 15 pounder in the boat. They also caught some big bonita & barracuda. The ocean temps cooled alot this week...dang...no tuna yet either and yellowtail are pretty scarce...gotta work this season to get em! but our own nomad Howodd was happy to land this guy.

Great fishing pics.
Only time you see smiles like these guys have, is when they get Money, Fish, and.....

[Edited on 10-12-2010 by mcfez]

Cypress - 10-12-2010 at 12:52 PM

shari, Thanks for the fishing report and the pictures. How's the new addition to the family doing?

eguillermo - 10-13-2010 at 02:15 PM

Appreciate the report! I hope to go over to Asuncion for the first time with my kayak either on the way down (this coming Tuesday) or the way back in mid-November.