BajaNomad

Driving from Phx to SF, was pulled over with flashing car lights.................

CortezBlue - 10-14-2010 at 01:28 PM

So we left Phx for San Felipe. I had a trailer with a murphy's bed in it and we had several problems. By the time we crossed the border, it was dark.

We were coming through La Ventana behind 3 jeeps that appears to be caravaning together. They pulled into the market and I kept going. A few minutes later my heart started racing and I was just about ready to turn around. A car came up on me and started flashing his brights on and off. I stepped on the gas and went faster, he stayed with me. I didn't stop.

A few minutes later he sped up and started honking his horn. As I carefully looked out my window, I noticed an elderly lady. She was waving at me to roll down my window. I rolled my window down, and she said to me in spanish, rampa, bla, blah bla.

I pulled over, and they kept driving. I looked, but didn't notice anything other than my trailer lights weren't working, so I thought maybe she said lampa

So, I continued on to mi casa, and life went on.

The next day, while unloading the trailer, I noticed that one of the ramps had come loose and fell off of the trailer.

Bottomline, sometimes flashing lights behind you are friendly Mexcians trying to help you out??:yes:

knuckles - 10-14-2010 at 04:14 PM

"Paranoia will Destroy Ya!"

I have always wanted to say that on this board..... Sorry, I am not sure what I would have done either. Guess we all better brush up on our spanish.

[Edited on 10-14-2010 by knuckles]

mtgoat666 - 10-14-2010 at 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CortezBlue
So we left Phx for San Felipe. I had a trailer with a murphy's bed in it and we had several problems. By the time we crossed the border, it was dark.

We were coming through La Ventana behind 3 jeeps that appears to be caravaning together. They pulled into the market and I kept going. A few minutes later my heart started racing and I was just about ready to turn around. A car came up on me and started flashing his brights on and off. I stepped on the gas and went faster, he stayed with me. I didn't stop.

A few minutes later he sped up and started honking his horn. As I carefully looked out my window, I noticed an elderly lady. She was waving at me to roll down my window. I rolled my window down, and she said to me in spanish, rampa, bla, blah bla.

I pulled over, and they kept driving. I looked, but didn't notice anything other than my trailer lights weren't working, so I thought maybe she said lampa

So, I continued on to mi casa, and life went on.

The next day, while unloading the trailer, I noticed that one of the ramps had come loose and fell off of the trailer.

Bottomline, sometimes flashing lights behind you are friendly Mexcians trying to help you out??:yes:

always check your load, then double check it. there is no excuse to lose a load on the road. you could have killed someone. perhaps you did. did someone come along later and hit that ramp and die?

BajaGeoff - 10-15-2010 at 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by knuckles
"Paranoia will Destroy Ya!"

I love it! Good stuff Knuckles!

capt. mike - 10-16-2010 at 06:24 AM

Goat sez..."always check your load, then double check it. there is no excuse to lose a load on the road. you could have killed someone. perhaps you did. did someone come along later and hit that ramp and die?"

hahahaha. are you a frickin idiot or simply stoned/impaired?