BajaNomad

Fenwick Inshore Casting rod

Santiago - 10-18-2010 at 01:49 PM

FFO is selling a pretty nice inshore casting rod here that I've been using for a couple of trips now. My only complaint would be that the 3" fore-grip is a bit small when you get a nice bass or calico (nice to me is over 5#) and you need to use the off hand. While they are no where near worth the list price of $209, at $69 it's a pretty good deal. We used this for casting to small groupers in shallow water ala Igor's rigging that he posted a few months ago excepting we had mono in lieu of spectra. Yikes - won't to that again. By the time we got the stretch out of the mono, at least a third of the suckers farmed us. Off white swim baits seemed to be the ticket last week. Big fish for this stretch of coast (south of BOLA) was a 9.5# spotted bass trolling in 15' of water with a broken-back Rebel while taking a beer break - go figure.

Russ - 10-18-2010 at 02:40 PM

Great deal/report. I just brought down a new Fenwick, the same rod I have for my Curado and like a lot. Yesterday I tried to set up my Saltigo on it and it wouldn't fit. This afternoon I was retying all my lures and noticed that the reel seat on the new rod is smaller than the original with the same ID number. So I'm now a happy camper. My Curado's on the new stick and the Saltigo fits the older stick just right. Go figure!