BajaNomad

Los Ancianos 50th Anniversary Exhibit

BajaGeoff - 10-20-2010 at 12:18 PM

For those Nomads in the San Diego area....

Los Ancianos Motorcycle Club recently celebrated their 50th anniversary and had a big fiesta that coincided with the opening of an exhibit at the San Diego Automotive Museum in Balboa Park.

The exhibit features motorcycles, photos, videos and memorabilia from 50 years of desert racing, with a focus on their signature event, the Tecate Enduro. I got a chance to check out the exhibit this past Saturday and it is really cool. It is a definite "must see" for any Baja racing aficionado. I believe the exhibit will be on display until January 2011, so go check it out if you get a chance!

TMW - 10-21-2010 at 11:26 AM

It is on my list of things to do, thanks

TecateRay - 10-26-2010 at 11:27 AM

The display should be in the museum for at least 6 months. We will be rotating the motorcycles in the display during that time to show more of the historical bikes from our 50 years!

juanroberts - 10-27-2010 at 10:27 PM

Baja Nomad is the place for Baja history junkies to converge, those with a bad case of the Baja bug, as DK once called it. And the museum display also has something for the Baja Bug afficionado, no pun intended. The link below shows some opening night pics, but it is quite more than that. And, not too many museums can say they offer a section on Baja offroading!

http://www.losancianos.com/museum.html

David K - 10-27-2010 at 10:30 PM

COOL!!!:light::cool:

TMW - 10-28-2010 at 07:52 AM

Well if there is one person that knows motorcycles and Baja on two wheels it's Ron Bishop. He has raced every 1000 for about the first 40 years on a motorcycle. Only Rod Hall has done more 1000 races and he did and still does his on 4 wheels.

juanroberts - 1-2-2011 at 04:39 PM

January 2011 will be the last month the exhibit will be publicly-available...