BajaNomad

Beijing Restaurant with photos - Santa Rosalia

BajaBlanca - 11-5-2010 at 06:56 PM

:tumble::tumble:

we went to the Beijing chinese restaurant, located on the main road as you go south past the immigration offices.

http://picasaweb.google.com/portella.blanca/BEIJINGRESTAURAN...

DELICIOUS very delicious DELICIOUS really delicious !!!

Les had the combo plate and I had chicken pineapple. Tons of food, chinese chef, enough for another meal left over !! reasonable prices. spotlessly clean. good service.

When you see the server Julia, tell her Blanca sent you and don't forget to share your experience :bounce::bounce:

[Edited on 11-6-2010 by BajaBlanca]

Bob H - 11-5-2010 at 08:34 PM

Going South... Is this place located after you make the left turn after passing the Pemex station, or before? Which side of the street?
Bob H

[Edited on 11-6-2010 by Bob H]

photos

BajaBlanca - 11-5-2010 at 08:41 PM

going south from immigration

Pemex is on the right, restaurant is further down on the left, it is a free standing building with plenty of parking and ocean view.

http://picasaweb.google.com/portella.blanca/BEIJINGRESTAURAN...

the food was so authentically chinese. quite a treat. need to support them so that we have an alternative place to go :bounce::bounce:

[Edited on 11-6-2010 by BajaBlanca]

Bajahowodd - 11-6-2010 at 01:57 PM

It's difficult to miss. Prominently situated.

Russ - 11-6-2010 at 02:06 PM

The Mirrador. It sure seen a lot of names in the last few years. You couldn't wish for a better Santa Rosalia harbor view. Hope it does well.

vandenberg - 11-6-2010 at 02:11 PM

Must be the building on the end of the malecon ??
Ate there several times. Always different owners and almost always empty. Hope they make a go of it. Love decent Chinese food.

DENNIS - 11-6-2010 at 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
the food was so authentically chinese.

Probably not. It's my understanding from some who have been there that, other than pricey first class joints in Beijing, the food is generaly worse than terrible.
California has spoiled everybody.

Bajahowodd - 11-6-2010 at 02:33 PM

Kinda like not finding the best pizza in Italy??

Geo_Skip - 11-6-2010 at 02:43 PM

posted on 11-6-2010 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
the food was so authentically chinese.

Dennis: Probably not. It's my understanding from some who have been there that, other than pricey first class joints in Beijing, the food is generaly worse than terrible.
California has spoiled everybody.

OMG! this is SOOOO tedious....Dennis on a rant again.....Feels like the turtle soup thread!

Bob H - 11-6-2010 at 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob H
Going South... Is this place located after you make the left turn after passing the Pemex station, or before? Which side of the street?
Bob H

[Edited on 11-6-2010 by Bob H]

I messed up... I was thinking El Rosario...... sorry.

BajaBlanca - 11-6-2010 at 08:17 PM

the prices were quite reasonable. 95 pesos for a huge plate of food.

I have been to Beijing and I hated the food. From the cheapest to the most expensive, sorry, I hated all of the restaurants.

Dennis - We saw the chef, he is most definitely Chinese and the food was defintely authentic. go and see and then post your reports .... I hope you will be as pleased with your palate as I was !! Only "complaint" which is not even a complaint but a comment: the food came out a dish at a time, so we ended up sharing the two dishes ....

Les did mention that he has seen a lot of places in and out of the location. I hope this guy makes it. He came recommended and we were NOT disappointed and will go back, for sure.

[Edited on 11-7-2010 by BajaBlanca]

vandenberg - 11-7-2010 at 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
Kinda like not finding the best pizza in Italy??

Spent several vacation as a teen in Italy ( long time ago :biggrin: ) and never did see pizza on the menu anywhere.
Maybe an American invention like chop sue. :?::?:

BajaBlanca - 11-7-2010 at 10:40 AM

last summer when we went to Italy, we ate pizza several times, in several different cities. it is definitely very different from the American version: quite thin crust and some of the veggies were baked into the crust .... cheeses like I have never tasted and in general yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy.

bit if you like chinese, try out the meal at Beijing's and give us your scoop. maybe we had a lucky day but our food was scrumtious. we were the only customers for early lunch :tumble: