BajaNomad

San Pablo lobster camp visit

shari - 11-6-2010 at 05:09 PM

We loaded up Nan & D's trooper with food, beer, chairs and us girls and baby Izaak and headed to San Pabo for the afternoon...invited by our amigos there for dinner.

The guys had just got in from a hot day on the water lobster fishing and were happy to see ice cold tecate!! Three amigos live in this casita on a litte cove during lobster season and enjoy having company once in awhile.

We had a great visit, ate like queens, gazed out to sea all afternoon...watched the sportsfishing boats haul in yellowail and passed an agreeable afternoon estilo mexicano.

even the outhouse had a fantastic view...first time I've seen bano spelled with a "V"!!

it was Izaaks first visit to San Pabo and he seemed to like it just fine.

the road is beautiful...especially so just before sunset.

woody with a view - 11-6-2010 at 05:16 PM

living the dream, eh?

desertcpl - 11-6-2010 at 05:23 PM

very nice WOW

Nan&D - 11-6-2010 at 06:44 PM

It was Grrrreat.
And Shari's first afternoon off for awhile...
Nice to sit and goof off.
Nan

Bob H - 11-6-2010 at 06:59 PM

How relaxing these photos are! Wow... double Wow!
Thanks. Bob H

mcfez - 11-6-2010 at 07:08 PM

seeing that I be there in June....how far is this places from you? Oh....Lobster in June? Txs 4 the great pics

Bajaboy - 11-6-2010 at 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mcfez
seeing that I be there in June....how far is this places from you? Oh....Lobster in June? Txs 4 the great pics

About 2-3 Tecates....and no lobster in June.

schwlind - 11-7-2010 at 12:33 AM

Beautiful photos, Shari...

Izaak is such a handsome little boy!

Linda

shari - 11-7-2010 at 07:11 AM

one good thing about tourism being way down is that we get to goof off more....juan & I had a great morning at the beach yesterday too...fishing, swimming, playing with the mutts.

Our lobster season here runs from september to the end of february. Visiting a lobster camp is an awesome baja experience...very quiet and yummy.

mulegemichael - 11-7-2010 at 07:53 AM

...and we're ready for some of that "yummy"...see ya in a couple of weeks, shari.

BajaRat - 11-7-2010 at 05:39 PM

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!
Tnx, living vicariously. Lionel

Nappo - 11-8-2010 at 08:44 PM

Looks great Shari. I know you offered us 4 amigos this in Oct and we declined, but we're already talking about staying a little longer and this looks like a good trip. No mention of their favorite magazine, was it Time or Newsweek we could bring?
D

shari - 11-9-2010 at 07:26 AM

hahahaha...I think a few copies of Good Housekeeping might be in order!!! We always bring em beef & booze to keep them happy!!
Shore fishing has been hot this week ....corvina and nice halibut still going strong...next year you'll be an old pro at it eh!

k-rico - 11-9-2010 at 07:46 AM

How much does a kilo of tails cost? Bought one in Santispac last month for 200 pesos (8 smallish tails). Also bought chocolate clams, shrimp, and trigger fillets, all from the same guy on the beach. Probably over paid a bit but what the heck, can't beat room service. ;)

[Edited on 11-9-2010 by k-rico]