BajaNomad

fresh road report!!

captkw - 11-7-2010 at 06:24 PM

hola, I just drove down here to la paz...road is in great shape..no traffic..zip..nada......but dont use the 1st or 2nd pemex going south...total rippoff...

pemex ripoff

captkw - 11-7-2010 at 06:41 PM

hola,about the last post...must be lazy from the drive,forgot to mention that the town is constatution and I went thru early sunday and saw no cops....thank you lord!!!!

kiterkip - 11-21-2010 at 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by captkw
hola, I just drove down here to la paz...road is in great shape..no traffic..zip..nada......but dont use the 1st or 2nd pemex going south...total rippoff...

So. Not to sound to stupid, but. If I'm leaving TJ with a full tank and about 250-300 miles per tank.... where is the best Pemex for my first fill-up in Mx?

mulegemichael - 11-21-2010 at 10:20 AM

el rosario at baja cactus should be a good bet for you..

Pompano - 11-21-2010 at 10:25 AM

The new Pemex at Los Pinos, San Quentin is a good stop, also. Fuel, good coffee, fresh rolls, clean toilets, EVEN HAVE TOILET PAPER!!

David K - 11-21-2010 at 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mulegemichael
el rosario at baja cactus should be a good bet for you..

Because BajaCactus is so good to all Nomads and travelers, let's give him our business... It is 225 miles from the border to El Rosario (5-6 hours).

krafty - 11-21-2010 at 01:51 PM

We are leaving next week-so jazzed-will stop in El Rosario for a fill up!

Bajahowodd - 11-21-2010 at 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
The new Pemex at Los Pinos, San Quentin is a good stop, also. Fuel, good coffee, fresh rolls, clean toilets, EVEN HAVE TOILET PAPER!!

I would have seconded your recommendation until I stopped in last month. The place is not that old. But, at least in my opinion, the bathrooms have been really trashed. some of the electronic fixtures were broken, and toilets were clogged. Maybe I hit it on a bad day. When first I stopped there, I was very impressed, and continued to make that my choice S/B. That said, inasmuch as it's not that far from El Rosario it's still a stop to consider when heading South.