BajaNomad

Bubba has a new Stinger (part 2)

Russ - 11-16-2010 at 11:40 AM

OK, It's not new but improved/shortened 4'. Works really well and poor Bubba doesn't have to get soaked any longer. Bubba's Happy and the boats Happy because it gets wet when launching and p/u. I no longer have to drag the boat on and off over dry bunks. And I'm Happy cuz it's all so much easier. And That's why we make our, sometimes silly, inventions.

wessongroup - 11-16-2010 at 12:09 PM

Way cool Russ.. thanks for the update... not silly at all...

Ya had a need and you filled the hole... good for you..

sanquintinsince73 - 11-16-2010 at 12:25 PM

Improvise, adapt, and overcome. I love it!!

beach launch

Stiktime - 11-16-2010 at 01:19 PM

Russ;
Hitch extension looks great. One final addition you need for the ultimate in beach launch is a couple golf cart wheels/tires. Think the rims are 10 inch and width about 8 inches, perfect for the soft sand, gets the trailer quite a bit lower than what you have now. You can get a good deal on used ones at places that modify golf carts with larger wheels etc. I paid $20 for each tire/wheel last time. I had a 21 ft alum Bayrunner and beach launching was a snap with these low wide tires. Just a thought.

Russ - 11-16-2010 at 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Stiktime
Russ;
Hitch extension looks great. One final addition you need for the ultimate in beach launch is a couple golf cart wheels/tires. Think the rims are 10 inch and width about 8 inches, perfect for the soft sand, gets the trailer quite a bit lower than what you have now. You can get a good deal on used ones at places that modify golf carts with larger wheels etc. I paid $20 for each tire/wheel last time. I had a 21 ft alum Bayrunner and beach launching was a snap with these low wide tires. Just a thought.

Wow! great idea! I've been looking at quad tires and they're expensive and aren't as low profile as a golf cart. Thanks:light:

mcfez - 11-18-2010 at 10:58 AM

Is that a swing arm or is it stationary?

Gaucho - 11-18-2010 at 11:04 AM

Great rig!

Russ - 11-18-2010 at 11:09 AM

stationary

Quote:
Originally posted by mcfez
Is that a swing arm or is it stationary?