BajaNomad

What's biting at Mulege

bajajon - 11-22-2010 at 01:29 PM

I have not been able to speak with Pompano's tackle box, so I thought I would ask the locals whats biting in the Mulege area now. Is it to early for the yellow tail? Is it to late for the Dorado? Should be arriving at Posada next week and I am getting excited about fishing.

mulegemichael - 11-22-2010 at 01:37 PM

....from all appearances, the dorado have gone bye bye; a few were hooked prior to the last north winds but since the water temps have dropped, they've headed south....on a good note, the yellowtail never left..quite a few nice fish still around in deep water with the occasional grouper thrown in...grande jack cravelles roaming around also...good luck.

Pompano - 11-22-2010 at 01:48 PM

bajajon...

mulegemichael knows his fishing.

are you familiar with Wilbur's Hole? Get some bigeyes or green mack and head there. You'll have fun.

Some roosters down past the mine ...and south to Pta. Teresa should get you in reach of cabrilla in 25' -50' with some outlandish pink Mirrolures.

Tight lines!

edit to add:

Don't forget the lowly Pinto! They're like Labradors..borne to please you and very forgiving.

[Edited on 11-22-2010 by Pompano]

Pescador - 11-22-2010 at 02:36 PM

Well, the yellowtail have exploded and are eating everything in sight. They are even up on the surface eating flylined baits. This is the earliest I have ever seen these guys up feeding. They are also chewing everything that gets dropped down to where they live.
The north side of San Marcos is as good as I ever remember it but they have also been getting a lot of fish at the 220 and Rancho on the south side. Some of the guys went towards Wilbur's hole from Chivato and they really nailed the yellows there too.

bajajon - 11-22-2010 at 03:04 PM

Thanks for the reports. I'm really excited now. I'll pack for yellowtail and put braided line on my new reel