BajaNomad

San Pablo day trip...yummy!

shari - 12-2-2010 at 08:12 PM

today was day 2 of outstanding calm, hot, windless weather...so we gathered up the folks and headed out to San Pablo to visit our amigos there. As always, they were the perfect hosts...Laurieboats & I were impressed because we didnt have to lift a finger in the kitchen...just drank, danced, enjoyed the view and left the crab cleaning & cooking to the men!

It was so cool to gaze out to an absolutely flat calm sea...we saw humbacks sleeping out there too.

everyone had a really great time...spent a relaxing afternoon chowing down on fresh crab and other local specialties...wink wink nudge nudge!

We were sad to leave this magical place but vowed to return soon.

woody with a view - 12-2-2010 at 08:28 PM

those sleeping humpbacks were probably chineeze submarines on a scouting mission. word on the street in the central zone is the chineeze are paying extra for all the lobster and abalone that the boys can produce....

bajamedic - 12-2-2010 at 08:32 PM

O my, I hope you know just how fortunate you guys are, few ever witness such a gathering of wonderful people in such a special place. JH

capt. mike - 12-3-2010 at 06:18 AM

other local specialties...wink wink nudge nudge!

what are those?
lobsters, abalone:bounce:, moonshine? i need to get there.

Lauriboats - 12-3-2010 at 06:44 AM

Oh believe me, I know how fortunate I am, I count my blessings everyday. Baja really is a special place and Bahia Asuncion is even a little more special.

Quote:
Originally posted by bajamedic
O my, I hope you know just how fortunate you guys are, few ever witness such a gathering of wonderful people in such a special place. JH

Baja&Back - 12-3-2010 at 08:13 AM

HEY!!! The guy in the middle stole my original Iguana shirt!
At least, the vendor told me it was a one-off original. Really ...

:?:

shari - 12-3-2010 at 08:20 AM

Mike...I'm bound to secrecy...they'd have to kill me if I told ya and then who ya gonna party with????

I just couldnt get over how dead calm it was out on the ocean...I kept sneaking glances and rubbing my eyes to see if it was a mirage...took lots of photos in case I never see it like that again...still as can be...weird...and a look like a rerun of yesterday's weather today...woo hooo...the gang is out yellowtail hunting as I type albeit a bit hung over.

shari - 12-3-2010 at 12:28 PM

here is a little video of the crab cleaning at san pablo...a couple different methods...love that Crocodile Laurie look amiga!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI9TI7UlNDU

DSC06911.JPG - 48kB