BajaNomad

Highway 1

GilandVal - 12-3-2010 at 05:43 PM

Okay, so how many of you have actually driven the horrendous stretch and are past San Quentin? By the way, I would suggest that the women make sure they have their bras on when traveling this stretch!!!

woody with a view - 12-3-2010 at 05:51 PM

Ban Bras. it says so on every toll booth plaza in northern baja.

sanquintinsince73 - 12-3-2010 at 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by GilandVal
Okay, so how many of you have actually driven the horrendous stretch and are past San Quentin? By the way, I would suggest that the women make sure they have their bras on when traveling this stretch!!!

Your killin' me :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

msteve1014 - 12-3-2010 at 05:56 PM

You really do need to move on with this thing about the road. Maybe try Canada for the winter this year.:o

David K - 12-3-2010 at 06:26 PM

Seriously.... it's BAJA...!!!

Bad roads are what made the place famous!!

You are talking about a highway detour...

But thanks for posting on Nomad... if only to let us 4WD folks have some fun, okay?

DENNIS - 12-3-2010 at 06:35 PM

Quote:
By the way, I would suggest that the women make sure they have their bras on when traveling this stretch!!!

And men suould wear their BAJA Jock straps. Never enter an uppity road zone withought making sure your huevos are comfy and secure. :lol:

DianaT - 12-4-2010 at 09:34 AM

Quote:

How fast are you driving on those dirt stretches? We go back and forth every month or so and we think they are doing a pretty good job of keeping the detours in good shape.

I do think some of the big equipment hanging over the top of the detour roads are quite scary as they seem to be hanging on the edge by one track as one drives under them, and the flag men are definitely a challenge in signal interpretation. :lol:

But the road beds are not too bad---at least we don't think so.

BMG - 12-4-2010 at 09:51 AM

We made it through a few weeks ago without any problem in our overloaded Camry. We did keep our heads low to avoid the bullets and the doors locked to keep from getting kidnapped though.

David K - 12-4-2010 at 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BMG
We made it through a few weeks ago without any problem in our overloaded Camry. We did keep our heads low to avoid the bullets and the doors locked to keep from getting kidnapped though.

Good point! It is so hard to patch all the bullet holes in my Tacoma after every trip!:light::lol: Baja is still worth it!

Bajahowodd - 12-4-2010 at 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by msteve1014
You really do need to move on with this thing about the road. Maybe try Canada for the winter this year.:o

I so agree.

monoloco - 12-4-2010 at 04:33 PM

Geez, it's only about a hundred times better than it used to be.

Brian L - 12-4-2010 at 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco
Geez, it's only about a hundred times better than it used to be.

Canada?

irenemm - 12-4-2010 at 08:17 PM

GilandVal
Have you even been down the Baja? In the 80's and 90's the road was a giant pot hole.
this road is so good it is like driving the 5.
Baja is an adventure, live the adventure. This is the 3 time you have asked the same question.
Many have answered and told you the same the road is great. Just think when it is all done. It is gonna be great.
Take your time, don't be in a hurry as most that live here are. Don't drive at night and either come south and see what we have to offer or sit in Ensenada and think about what your gonna miss.
enjoy the ride. it is Baja

1993 road construction (Chapala)

bryanmckenzie - 12-5-2010 at 06:28 PM

Back in the olden' days, we didn't have no stinkin' detours. We didn't need no stinkin' detours. We just followed the construction equipment. And they followed us. Simply jumped in the conga line. You should consider yourself lucky to have a special dirt track. :lol: :P :tumble: Somewhat S/o of the LA Bay junction.

[Edited on 2010-12-7 by bryanmckenzie]

[Edited on 2010-12-8 by bryanmckenzie]

Bajafun777 - 12-5-2010 at 06:37 PM

Time is running with repair work on Hwy 1 and with all the new bridges less washouts should occur in the rainy times. The roads are and will continue to get better. Who knows at some time in the future maybe a toll road will be completed all the way down, never say never and yes I know many do not want a toll road. However,I bet you would use it if it is not too expensive,LOL> Take Care & Travel Safe "No Hurry, No Worry, Just FUN" bajafun777

Phil S - 12-5-2010 at 07:33 PM

I thought all the Baja Nomad 'ladies' were the 'braless' type????? Where would they find bras at this age?????????????????????????/ And for the guys, 'whats a 'jock strap'???????? Aren't most of us 'oldies' wearing 'Depends'?????? That's supposed to hold in 'everything' isn't it?

motoged - 12-5-2010 at 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Phil S
..... Where would they find bras at this age???????????

Uh,,,somewhere between their belt and their knees??? :lol:

longlegsinlapaz - 12-5-2010 at 08:48 PM

Quote:
I thought all the Baja Nomad 'ladies' were the 'braless' type?????
Phis S, you're mistaken.....they're needed more now than in prior years!:(:(
Quote:
Originally posted by motoged
Quote:
..... Where would they find bras at this age???????????

Uh,,,somewhere between their belt and their knees??? :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:
Ged, another apropos answer would be on their lap!;);)

Her boobs were hung by the chimney with care

bryanmckenzie - 12-7-2010 at 07:09 PM

At the risk of being totally inappropriate ... let the holidays begin ...