BajaNomad

Monster fish stories

coho - 12-7-2010 at 05:55 PM

I would like to start a new thread about the Baja big ones that.... didn't get away. Let's start this off from a blog posting on the new Posada Concepcion website contributed by Dieter Reese, long time Posada area resident. This fish story will be hard to top, but let's see what true tall tales will follow......Dieter's monster fish story at: http://www.posadaconcepcion.net/blog.html

Don't need a story if youy have pictures

Alan - 12-7-2010 at 08:11 PM

La Paz May 2009 001.JPG - 50kB

coho - 12-7-2010 at 08:23 PM

Wow! Keep em coming!

coho - 12-7-2010 at 08:49 PM

Where, when, and what about that tail in the foreground? Huge fish are part of Baja legacy. The world awaits!

Skipjack Joe - 12-7-2010 at 09:22 PM

Shouldn't this be in the real estate forum?

Oh what the heck. Shari does this sort of thing all the time.

dtbushpilot - 12-7-2010 at 09:30 PM

Not a very good picture when you zoom in on it but it was taken from pretty far away......dt

I posted this before going to the web site and reading the story. I didn't realize that I was supposed to tell the story too but here goes:

I saw some big bait jumping out of the water about 20 feet from shore so I cast out and this guy slammed my lure so I reeled him in........

Not as good as the story about the dog snapper but it's all I got.......dt

[Edited on 12-8-2010 by dtbushpilot]

Alan - 12-8-2010 at 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by coho
Where, when, and what about that tail in the foreground? Huge fish are part of Baja legacy. The world awaits!
A group of 4 went out with Fishermen's Fleet in La Paz, fishing out of La Ventana in May of 09. My son, pictured here with me, was on another panga and had gotten skunked for two days. I asked him to go out with me the next day but he was pretty bummed since everyone else was on the scorecard and didn't want to go. I practically forced him to go out with me. As you can see from the picture it finally paid off for him and he got a personal best dorado. Actually we got three that day. They were "almost" identical. He bagged two and I got one. (Of course mine was just slightly the largest)

4baja - 12-8-2010 at 07:03 AM

pangas just keept going when they saw the size fish we were bringing up. 30-50# on a razor sharp pinnacle and lucky to get one on 80 string. this was our last day of our two week trip.

july 2007 small 019.jpg - 35kB

BajaDove - 12-8-2010 at 08:04 AM

Last year we went trolling and caught an airplane

dtbushpilot - 12-8-2010 at 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaDove
Last year we went trolling and caught an airplane

So where's the picture?.....

Skeet/Loreto - 12-8-2010 at 09:04 AM

Was out fishing off of San Nicholas one day using my Strong Rod, 125 Lb. Line and a Salas Jig. Hooked on to a Big something which turned out to be a 800 Lb Shark. Too big to get in the panga so tied it a long side and went into San Nicholas where the Village Women Fileted it out, Meat was sold and went to mexico City for Fish Tacos.

I still have the Jaw with Teeth hanging on my Office Wall at Home here.

Pictures of the Teeth can be sent via email.

Skeet

BajaDove - 12-8-2010 at 09:04 AM

Sorry the camera was home. little land-sea plane wouldn't start so we towed him in and beached him.

baitcast - 12-8-2010 at 09:43 AM

A little different fish but large neverless and right off my dock:o

cabo3100 - 12-8-2010 at 01:00 PM

www.magbaycharters.com "WHERE THERE BE MONSTERS":o:o:o:o:o