BajaNomad

Thanks Fernando aka FDT!

pacside - 12-9-2010 at 12:08 PM

We took fellow nomad FDT up on his offer to pick us up at Tijuana airport and drive us to the pedestrian border crossing.

Right when we reached curbside he drove up...perfect timing.

We then waited about 45 minutes to walk across border. Took the trolley, then a bus to San Diego Airport.

It was a long travel day leaving from La Paz at 1:05pm and arriving in San Francisco (SFO) at 7:30pm but it was an adventure.

Again thanks FDT and it was real nice meeting you.

Also thanks to all the other nomads that gave advice on how to get from Tij airport to San Diego airport from a previous post.

pacside

sanquintinsince73 - 12-9-2010 at 12:11 PM

Right on, FDT!! As far as I am concerned that's part of what being a Nomad is all about, assisting other Nomads.

fdt - 12-9-2010 at 01:26 PM

De nada, siempre es un placer. You are very welcome, it is always a pleasure.
Saludos,
Fernando
http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=49503

BajaBlanca - 12-9-2010 at 02:21 PM

wow Fernando, that was really nice of you.

Diver - 12-9-2010 at 03:43 PM

FDT is just a flat-out, wonderfully kind man.
You may recall all of his efforts in shipping us parts for our broken down truck.
He also met us in TJ to help assist with the towing connection.
I'm driving through TJ with the tow truck and suddenly there is a car in front of us waving to follow him - FDT !! :yes:

Natalie Ann - 12-9-2010 at 05:43 PM

For any number of years Fernando was my main form of transportation between San Diego and Ensenada. He made my life ever so much easier... and way more interesting.;D

nena

MsTerieus - 12-9-2010 at 06:01 PM

Yes, he sure is! He arranged an inexpensive room for me in one of the hotels he works at AND personally drove me to and from my doctors' appointments in TJ! He also drove me around and showed me a bit of TJ. GREAT NOMAD and GREAT GUY!!!! :yes:

Quote:
Originally posted by Diver
FDT is just a flat-out, wonderfully kind man.
You may recall all of his efforts in shipping us parts for our broken down truck.
He also met us in TJ to help assist with the towing connection.
I'm driving through TJ with the tow truck and suddenly there is a car in front of us waving to follow him - FDT !! :yes:

DianaT - 12-9-2010 at 07:33 PM

Ferna? Ferna who? I only say that because I so miss him around here!

Need help? He will be there---he is also a walking history book about many parts of Baja. And he always added such a good perspective to things--very much appreciated. He has a real grasp on the differences in culture and the differences between the tourist and the resident.

And how many of you remember the story about the Red Bike that is in one of the pictures he posted?

Nice thread that is well deserved.

[Edited on 12-10-2010 by DianaT]

woody with a view - 12-9-2010 at 07:58 PM

i miss him also. i hope you phone # hasn't changed as you are in my phone, just in case!

Nomads, your next mission follows:

GO SUPPORT DIA DE REYES!!!!

DianaT - 12-9-2010 at 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
i miss him also. i hope you phone # hasn't changed as you are in my phone, just in case!

Nomads, your next mission follows:

GO SUPPORT DIA DE REYES!!!!

Good question Woody his phone number is on my phone also!

????

[Edited on 12-10-2010 by DianaT]

Bajafun777 - 12-9-2010 at 10:05 PM

fdt and his wife have been to several nomads book signings parties that I had to pleasure to attend (thanking Keri here at this point also). He has been very accessible to others in needs over the years. If he has a project it is usually to help others and kids are at the top of the list for him. Thus, count me in when he has a need for a few extra favors in his helping others.

X-Mas time is the time of giving and helping others but fdt and his family does it so well during the whole year, great guy and family. I really like his laughter, as he does not hold it back (just like me) in that if it is funny he will share that total pleasure of the episode in a loud hardy laugh. If you don't know him, then please get to by helping him help the kids which have great needs during this X-Mas season. Take Care and Travel Safe Nomads, bajafun777 "No Hurry, No Worry, Just Fun"

fdt - 12-9-2010 at 11:04 PM

Wow, thanks :wow: I'm speechless.
And yes, the phone numbers are the same, if in doubt, you can U2U me and I will verify them.
Saludos
Fernando

Bob H - 12-9-2010 at 11:31 PM

Ferna.... GREAT guy!