BajaNomad

gotta love summer in December AND big fish!!!

shari - 12-13-2010 at 08:29 AM

I just cant believe how great the weather has been for the last 3 weeks!!! amazing to see this calmness every morning

It keeps getting better and better and the fish keep getting bigger and bigger. There are lots of squid and the yellowtail are packed full of them.

Yesterday's fish were in the 40 lb range and caught trolling right off the beach we were boogie boarding at between Asuncion & san Roque. The fishermen are amazed at how calm and warm it' has been...the water even warmed up to the mid 60's this week....shed the wet suit to swim!

So while the guys are out fishing, we hang at the beach....love december in baja!

[Edited on 12-13-2010 by shari]

TMW - 12-13-2010 at 10:47 AM

With the weather and fishing like that I don't know why I'm NOB. Great pixs and fish.

BornFisher - 12-13-2010 at 01:33 PM

About 10 years ago, we were fishing Sacramento Reef. We asked the fisherman from Geronimo Island what is the best fishing month for calm weather. They said "December".
BTW I heard fairly recently that guys from the co-op made some San Diego fishing boats leave the reef area!

Lauriboats - 12-13-2010 at 02:41 PM

Be there in a week, can't wait!

LaloinBaja - 12-13-2010 at 03:28 PM

OH Yea Babe Shari...Amazing weather....See you in a couple of days...Ted (LaloinBaJA)

surfdoc - 12-13-2010 at 09:23 PM

Thanks for inviting me down to the secret beach...LOL

Yep............some huge Tails are being pulled, and hopefully the weather and bite lasts into the New year..
:D