BajaNomad

Amazing tool available for translations

mcfez - 12-18-2010 at 07:39 AM

In Jr High school...I was "forced" to Spanish classes.
In High school...I was "forced" to Spanish classes.

Learning other 'tongues' was, and still is next to imposable for me. I have mastered few words of Spanish and German (the big Boss is a German citizen) (Wife). Before you go "there" with me ....responding back to this post that I should take classes, get a tutor, or plain ol' fashion "hit the books"...... I am 84% deaf! Try learning with no "ears" :-)

Well...I sit here right now...having my a.m. coffee, feeding the 5 dogs their treats...and reading my emails......and here I see a link that my young son sent to me from last night.

This blew me socks off (and wig!):
http://youtube.com/watch?v=h2OfQdYrHRs

Help is arriving for those of us that cannot master the tongue of Mexico.

desertcpl - 12-18-2010 at 08:57 AM

My god

thats is way to cool,, I want one

wilderone - 12-18-2010 at 09:24 AM

Another way to learn - yes, whatever works. I have found that a person telling me, correcting me, using the phrase in real time, helps me learn. We don't all learn in the same way. The more senses that are involved, the faster you will learn, that is why "schoolhouse" method is the worst - it involves one person telling another person, along with reading a book. And why "immersion" type learning - living, working in real time, applying the language to immediate situations - is best. I really wish Mexicans would correct my Spanish so I could learn more. The few times they have, I totally remember. I onced asked the guy who collected an entrance fee at Scammons Lagoon, "Que es el costa por la boats?" I knew he would understand regardless of my sorry ability. He corrected me - slowly stating, "Qual es el precio por la lancha?" I really appreciated that.

durrelllrobert - 12-18-2010 at 09:38 AM

what's an iphone?

mcfez - 12-18-2010 at 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by durrelllrobert
what's an iphone?

http://www.apple.com/iphone/

Best gadget in the world

Tano - 12-18-2010 at 09:56 AM

I wonder how “learn a new language in a few easy lessons” ranks among scamming promises like “lose 20 pounds in 14 days,” “quit smoking in a month,” “develop an athlete’s body in 4 short weeks,” and “become a network engineer over the summer”?

Speaking of quimeras.

Howard - 12-18-2010 at 10:00 AM

Lets talk about important stuff.

Anyone know what the women looks like?

absinvestor - 12-18-2010 at 01:37 PM

I lived in Punta Banda for a couple of years. I had taken Spanish in high school but soon found out that when I had motorhome problems or wanted directions to pay the phone bill my high school Spanish didn't work. I enrolled in the Spanish Institute and took classes for a year of so. My neighbor swore that I had wasted my money. He had lived in Punta Banda for about 15 years and just added an "O" to everything. For example "I needo this roomo paintedo." or "the wifo sent me to have you washo the caro." He traveled all over Mexico and was convinced that adding an "o" was not only cheaper than trying to learn the language but it worked much better and did not require any studying. Ron

BAJA.DESERT.RAT - 12-18-2010 at 01:54 PM

Hola, what a great tool and what are the costs involved and where to get one for a technologically impaired person ? and...it's mobile too !

i have been using " google translate " for a couple of years but the translations are not always what is to be expected and a computer is needed so it's not mobile.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

mcfez - 12-18-2010 at 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by absinvestor
I lived in Punta Banda for a couple of years. I had taken Spanish in high school but soon found out that when I had motorhome problems or wanted directions to pay the phone bill my high school Spanish didn't work. I enrolled in the Spanish Institute and took classes for a year of so. My neighbor swore that I had wasted my money. He had lived in Punta Banda for about 15 years and just added an "O" to everything. For example "I needo this roomo paintedo." or "the wifo sent me to have you washo the caro." He traveled all over Mexico and was convinced that adding an "o" was not only cheaper than trying to learn the language but it worked much better and did not require any studying. Ron

Funnyo goodo storyo, Rono :lol:

motoged - 12-18-2010 at 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by durrelllrobert
what's an iphone?

:o:o:o :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :no::no::no::lol::lol::lol::lol: :wow::wow:

toneart - 12-18-2010 at 03:37 PM

Me senté a través de todo el asunto y nunca llegó a ver su rostro.:(

mcfez - 12-18-2010 at 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Hola, what a great tool and what are the costs involved and where to get one for a technologically impaired person ? and...it's mobile too !

i have been using " google translate " for a couple of years but the translations are not always what is to be expected and a computer is needed so it's not mobile.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

Yeah...my eldest son that is an System Architect @ Yahoo says this Iphone is really good stuff compare to previous stuff......

DavidE - 12-18-2010 at 09:10 PM

tampoco toneart que lastima

Tano - 12-19-2010 at 12:22 PM

If a new language you want to learn
You have to get real
A lot of hours you have to burn
There is no language pill

Marc - 12-19-2010 at 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Howard
Lets talk about important stuff.

Anyone know what the women looks like?