BajaNomad

COCO CABANAS

BajaBlanca - 1-2-2011 at 11:01 AM

we took some friends around to san ignacio, santa rosalia, mulege and loreto for their first visit. in loreto we stayed with Steven at the Coco Cabanas and boy oh boy, what a wonderful little haven !

If you haven't been there - they are spotlessly clean and so well put together and you can't beat the price $89

and Baja Nomaders get a discount ... we loved it there and we loved going to the happy hour at Auggie's, who came out and introduced himself. Margaritas were powerful (Les wouldn't let me finish my second one hahaha) because he was worried he wd have to carry me home (lightweight when it comes to alcohol !!). Enjoy the pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com/portella.blanca/LoretoCocoCabana...

us @ Coco.JPG - 34kB

David K - 1-2-2011 at 11:05 AM

We also stayed there when in Loreto...

Our motel for one night in Loreto was the Coco Cabaņas http://www.cococabanasloreto.com/

TMW - 1-2-2011 at 12:37 PM

Looks great thanks for the recommendation.

ELINVESTIG8R - 1-2-2011 at 12:41 PM

Thanks for sharing BajaBlanca. Those clams sure looked like they tasted good!:lol:

BajaBlanca - 1-2-2011 at 05:52 PM

well, I don't eat clams but those who did said they were really good.

and Baja Nomaders get a discount

mcfez - 2-10-2011 at 04:15 PM

How did you get the discount? Mere verbal declaration that you were BN's?

Thanks for that info.

msteve1014 - 2-10-2011 at 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mcfez

Thanks for that info.

You probably need a membership card. You did get your membership card, didn't you?:lol: :lol:

mcfez - 2-27-2011 at 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by msteve1014
Quote:

Thanks for that info.

You probably need a membership card. You did get your membership card, didn't you?:lol: :lol:

Hell...I'm still waiting for the Bajanomad Uniform I ordered to show up in the mailbox....

uniform.jpg - 7kB

Bajahowodd - 2-27-2011 at 04:49 PM

Great. Except, IMO, happy hour at Augies is just a bunch of old drunk white guys!:lol::lol::lol:

Some of them may be named Howard!:lol::lol:

Coco Cabanas

Lengua - 9-14-2011 at 04:48 PM

Yes , nice place but have they finished the construction of the new places and the pool which was totally screwed up by the contractor . Those guys are pretty good host , a little anal about the rules but good host .

rts551 - 9-14-2011 at 05:33 PM

yGreat place. not anal for me anyway

bajabeachbabe - 9-15-2011 at 11:52 AM

The new Coco Casitas were finished in June 2010. We were the first guests in one of the new units. They are beautiful!

Our FAVORITE!

djh - 9-15-2011 at 07:48 PM

My first BC & BCS solo trip was in '74. I loved Loreto, CSL / SJdC, Todos Santos, and the other tranquil places and wonderful people I encountered....

37 years later, I still love MX and BCS, and Shing and I finally purchased a lot in Loreto.... 6 years ago, in preparation for retiring with "A Place in the Sun".

Our friendship with those Scalapino Bros. and Coco Cabanas was one of the reasons we ended up buying in Loreto. The Cabanas and the newer large units are a real class act. and I suggest that they're not "anal" as cited above, but they do WORK diligently to ensure that ALL the guests enjoy the muy tranquillo experience that they offer....

We all seek different experiences and values in our adventures.... And that is great...! A common theme for many of us ( found at C.C.) is tranquility!

PS. I DO have a cheesy little BajaNomad card (paper printed from my computer / printer) w/ number.... I think you can still do that here, no? At any rate, Steven and Barrett are regular BN readers and they will honor your "membership card". When you make your reservation, tell them and ask if they would like something to represent your participation here.

Coco Cabanas for us is . . .
Great people, wonderful place, lifetime friends and memories!

P, L, & FT !

BajaBlanca - 9-15-2011 at 09:41 PM

welcome to the board Lengua !

can u elaborate on what rules were anal ? just out of curiosity on my part.

CortezBlue - 9-16-2011 at 12:54 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by msteve1014
Quote:

Thanks for that info.

Hell...I'm still waiting for the Bajanomad Uniform I ordered to show up in the mailbox....

McHooters, what a catch
:o:o

Coco Cabanas

Lengua - 9-21-2011 at 07:27 PM

Thank you Baja Blanca,

Anal:

of, relating to, characterized by, or being personality traits (as parsimony, meticulousness, and ill humor) considered typical of fixation at the anal stage of development <an anal disposition> <anal neatness>

"He was anal about keeping his office organized and neat"

Point being , people go on vacation to relax . When you visit a place multiple times they ou:?:ta quit being so anal about reading you the rules everytime you visit. How about a welcome beer .Don't get me wrong ,the facilities are great and those two guys are good hosts. Its just having them sit you down and read you the dos and don'ts.At 57 years old I got it

Coco Cabanas

Lengua - 9-23-2011 at 06:12 PM

Sorry I didn't really answer your question .No specific rule .Just them sitting everyone down and always reading the rules to you . Sugggestion : Put in the room and I'll see em and read em.
Again ,great place ,"Tranquillo"as stated above and well equipped.

Lee - 9-23-2011 at 06:25 PM

Funny. I've been there a few times and nobody has ever read me the rules. I must look like I know the rules. No other explanation. Maybe I give an air of knowing things like that. Just never got an anal feeling staying there.

BajaBlanca - 9-23-2011 at 07:24 PM

thanks Lengua for explaining ... I don't remember hearing any rules but then I might have just tuned them out ??!!?? also, my firends ana and dave were with us but we 4 were the only ones there ... so maybe it was pointless to read rules to us.

do you remember any of the rules ? now I am curious LOL

Lengua - 10-29-2011 at 02:30 PM

I think you answered your question .

Bajahowodd - 10-29-2011 at 04:57 PM

Is it just me, or does the name lengua seem just a tad off-putting?

Lengua - 10-31-2011 at 07:29 AM

its u

BajaBlanca - 10-31-2011 at 09:17 AM

so ...the last time we went to coco cabanas (2 weeks ago) I got the rules read to me

nope, turns out I had never seen them before

If Steve doesn't read them to us in a week when we go back, I shall complain to the management

we had a wonderful trip there with my cousin who was visiting Baja for the first time. She loved the rooms and the atmosphere as did we ...

Phil S - 11-1-2011 at 07:41 AM

I've got to ask. How does one drive in Loreto from the City Hall/Plaza to locate Coco Cabana? Thanks. Will be there in a couple weeks. Sounds like a good to know place. And the picture you have shown of Auggies doesn't connect to my memory banks??? I don't remember anything hanging over the bar area??? And we were there last November.????? Perhaps I'm suffering from CRS

[Edited on 11-1-2011 by Phil S]

David K - 11-1-2011 at 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Phil S
I've got to ask. How does one drive in Loreto from the City Hall/Plaza to locate Coco Cabana? Thanks. Will be there in a couple weeks. Sounds like a good to know place. And the picture you have shown of Auggies doesn't connect to my memory banks??? I don't remember anything hanging over the bar area??? And we were there last November.????? Perhaps I'm suffering from CRS

Just go north from city hall, it is a block west of the Malecon and south of the La Pinta Hotel (former Playas de Loreto).

rts551 - 11-1-2011 at 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Quote:
Originally posted by Phil S

Just go north from city hall, it is a block west of the Malecon and south of the La Pinta Hotel (former Playas de Loreto).

Calle Davis. There are signs along the road to guide you.

Lengua - 4-15-2013 at 08:37 PM

Is this place finished and is under the same ownership?

Islandbuilder - 4-15-2013 at 10:01 PM

We stayed there in February 2012, and there were two courtyard groupings of buildings. Seemed liken they were both done. At least all the ones around us were finished. The pool was beautiful, as was the courtyard.
No one read us any rules.
I think that I remember a list of them, but it wasn't over done.

Blair - 4-16-2013 at 06:17 AM

Six of us stayed there in November 2012. Great place very well kept. Highly recommend

Marla Daily - 4-16-2013 at 08:54 PM

Trip Advisor lists Coco Cabanas as #2 of 21 places to stay in Loreto. They also list the price as $79. Taxes must be added. There are 180 reviews: 166 are excellent; 11 are very good; 2 are average; 1 one poor; none terrible. (#1 is Cabaņas de Loreto.)

Lee - 4-16-2013 at 09:13 PM

Cabaņas de Loreto:

$95.00 USD per night
$600.00 USD per week
*Rates are based on double occupancy. It is 10.00 USD additional per person; per cabaņa, per night.
**There is a three night minimum stay. There is a 14% room tax added to the rental.

I'll stay with Cocos.

rts551 - 4-18-2013 at 09:42 AM

yes and yes. Reservations and contact:

http://www.cococabanasloreto.com/

Alan - 4-18-2013 at 06:10 PM

I'm usually towing. Boat parking available?

BajaBlanca - 4-18-2013 at 08:59 PM

It is kinda impossible to tow a boat into tHe parking lot. It is very small and the entrance turn into the alleyway is quite sharp......

rts551 - 4-19-2013 at 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
It is kinda impossible to tow a boat into tHe parking lot. It is very small and the entrance turn into the alleyway is quite sharp......

Blanca, Steve and Barret park their boat there. The turn in is done through the vacant lot. I suggest someone wanting to park a trailer or boat call first. We parked our 14 foot ATV trailer in their lot.

BajaBlanca - 4-19-2013 at 07:27 AM

Ahaaaaa I wasn't sure if it was ok to drive thru that lot.....and there you have it! But I still think it is a bit tricky ....but do-able.

rogbag - 9-12-2013 at 07:43 PM

Nansi & I stayed @ Coco's last nite, and it was excellent. We won't stay at the La Pinta (or whatever the latest incarnation is) again. Steven was very easy to deal with and helpful in recommending a spot for dinner. La Palapa was good for dinner.
Coco's is easy to find, once you find Calle Davis. There aren't a whole bunch of rules - no smoking, no pets and no peeing in the pool. I don't think that last one was a rule, but it sounds good. None of the guidelines are out of bounds for any hotel.
Excellent beds, good A/C and the hot water works. What else do you want in Baja?

BajaBlanca - 9-13-2013 at 11:16 AM

I just love the atmosphere there...we have stayed there a number of times now. Their guests are always super friendly and quite eclectic: Europeans and Mericans and Canadians.

BajaLuna - 9-13-2013 at 11:32 AM

Me too, Blanca! We loved Coco Cabanas as well. We were there in the Spring, and split up our trip staying at 3 different places in Loreto, La Mision hotel, Coco Cabanas, and Los Cabanas. Each place was GREAT and each different from the other.

Lee - 9-13-2013 at 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaLuna
Me too, Blanca! We loved Coco Cabanas as well. We were there in the Spring, and split up our trip staying at 3 different places in Loreto, La Mision hotel, Coco Cabanas, and Los Cabanas. Each place was GREAT and each different from the other.

How about a review of the other 2 places unless you've done that somewhere. La Mision look's very nice from the outside.

mulegemichael - 9-13-2013 at 08:06 PM

ok....yeah...we've stayed there...ok...yeah....it's the very best place we've ever stayed in baja, let alone, loreto....i just don't want everyone to think we are "paid" advertisers...we are NOT!!!...this place, mi amigos, is as good as it gets in mexico!!!!......amigos...thank you soooooo much!

BajaLuna - 9-14-2013 at 12:46 AM

La Mision is good if you are looking for privacy, and you can't beat the view there, it's amazing! The service there was outstanding, the Consierge' there is on-top-of it! And the food was good too. Overall a hotel feel.

And Los Cabanas and Coco Cabanas have a more social vibe, nice grounds, cozy feel, and down to earth, helpful, and welcoming people... the staff and the guests! Overall a community feel!! All 3 were really clean and great service. All of them were pretty much a hop skip and a jump to shops, restaurants, shopping etc. We didn't have a car for the first 4 days we were there and loved being able to walk everywhere!

Loreto is a slice of heaven!

BajaLuna - 9-14-2013 at 01:15 AM

La Palapa restaurant IS good, especially their chili rellenos, I'm still dreaming of those darn things! Loreto has some very good places to eat at. We tried 3 times to eat at Orlando's restaurant and they were always closed but we finally got there on our return trip from Bahia Asuncion, and in my opinion, this was the best place we ate in Loreto, excellent food and worth the wait, for sure! No wonder they are rated number one in Loreto on Trip Advisor!

Also, wanted to mention too, at La Mision they have balcony rooms, and so if you're looking for a place to just plop in a lounge chair on the balcony and sit and watch the people on the streets, watch the boats go by, and the malecon in front of the hotel, and the VIEW, did I mention the view...and basically just decompress from the world, it's great for that!

honda tom - 2-17-2014 at 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaLuna
La Palapa restaurant IS good, especially their chili rellenos, I'm still dreaming of those darn things! Loreto has some very good places to eat at. We tried 3 times to eat at Orlando's restaurant and they were always closed but we finally got there on our return trip from Bahia Asuncion, and in my opinion, this was the best place we ate in Loreto, excellent food and worth the wait, for sure! No wonder they are rated number one in Loreto on Trip Advisor!

Also, wanted to mention too, at La Mision they have balcony rooms, and so if you're looking for a place to just plop in a lounge chair on the balcony and sit and watch the people on the streets, watch the boats go by, and the malecon in front of the hotel, and the VIEW, did I mention the view...and basically just decompress from the world, it's great for that!

You flew in... and flew out.... right?

Lengua - 2-18-2014 at 10:15 AM

The rules at Coco Cabanas are common sense . But , you don't need to be sat done by the owner and be read the rules. Great place , but the rule reading is a tad over the top.

rts551 - 2-18-2014 at 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lengua
The rules at Coco Cabanas are common sense . But , you don't need to be sat done by the owner and be read the rules. Great place , but the rule reading is a tad over the top.

you having flashbacks or just thinking a bout your answer for a long time?:lol:

Lengua - 2-18-2014 at 10:57 AM

Both:light:

BajaBlanca - 2-20-2014 at 06:16 PM

LOl Ralph, I was wondering the same thing hahaha

It must have been after a difficult time with a guest for Steven is in fact not known for reading the riot act to folks ... I asked around.

and I asked him too.

lengua, sneak back and give us the scoop (((:

HA HA HA

Lengua - 2-20-2014 at 10:23 PM

know one said riot act - lets get something straight , I've also been complimentary regarding the place .Steven reads the rules to everyone. Its him , its his place , its okay -not for me though . Los Cabanas de Loreto is a better option , especially when I find a refreshing cerveza in my fridge and fresh fruit on the counter. El Tiburon is nice also.

Lee - 2-21-2014 at 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lengua
.. .Steven reads the rules to everyone.

Doubt it. Most likely newbies and those who need rules read to. There's a place for everyone in Loreto.

BajaBlanca - 2-21-2014 at 01:14 PM

I didn't mean anything negative by the Riot Act.......it was an inside joke in our family and perhaps sounded too harsh here. i apologize Lengua. Did not mean to twist your words.

Lengua - 2-21-2014 at 06:48 PM

Thank you , accepted....:yes: