BajaNomad

One fish Chuck!

shari - 1-6-2011 at 09:34 AM

We had a wonderful visit from Chuck & Kathy a few days ago...thanks to little Itzel! They won a stay with us in the auction at the fund raising dinner for Itzel's operation.

Chuck who is a marine biologist and has worked in fisheries, wanted to take home some fish to smoke so Juan took him over to the yellowtail school. This particular group of students are in the 30-40 pound range and Chuck immediatey hooked into one of the bigger fish...had a great fight, got that sucker in the boat and he was happy AND done fishing!!! That fish was all he needed. Chuck is a great example of walking the talk as a person very concerned about overfishing. He brought over a disturbing DVD about the blue fin tuna fishery and we had interesting discussions about fisheries worldwide. Thanks Chuck.

and also a big round of applause for Chuck & kathy who are so generous in helping Andy accomplish the great things he does.

amirravon - 1-6-2011 at 11:10 AM

I don't know the guy , and I already like him ...enjoy your smoked jurel Chuck & Kathy.I'm sure you guys had a wonderful time with Shari and Juan. Thanks for the story Shari.

wakemall - 1-6-2011 at 09:29 PM

OH Boy can the YT pull some drag and shock the non-fisherperson? Thank god for 80# test line!

OCEANUS - 1-7-2011 at 12:17 AM

Shari

By any chance, do you remember the name of the video? I would like to check it out.

Thank you.

surfdoc - 1-7-2011 at 08:57 AM

Congrats Chuck.... awsome tail! 38.6 on the dig scale!!!

Hope to see you and Kathy back here or maybe share a Cerveza on your side!

Stan