BajaNomad

Fishing Rod

Daveylikesit - 1-9-2011 at 11:26 AM

We are in Chula Vista at KOA heading for Ensenada in a couple of days.I was wondering where would be a good place to pick up a reasonable MH spinning rod in our travels south, Tks

bajabass - 1-9-2011 at 01:09 PM

Try Squidco in San Diego. Or just Google San Diego Fishing Tackle, and get about a zillion choices. If you are looking for real inexpensive, find a Walmart!

Diver - 1-9-2011 at 01:20 PM

Walmart in Chula Vista has a decent selection of cheaper rod/reel combos if that's what you're looking for.
Squidco in SD is a great place to get better gear, all your fishing supplies and plenty of guidance. It's amazing how much "stuff" they fit into that tiny shop !

surfdoc - 1-9-2011 at 08:36 PM

I second Squidco .. Say hi to Joey for me...

Best tackle shop in SD, and every guy in there is knowledgable and willing to help ya out.

backninedan - 1-10-2011 at 03:12 PM

Squidco screwed me good on reel repairs. $350 to repair five reels and the price was fine with me, but after getting them back down to Loreto and actually putting them to use, I found that almost nothing had been done other than cleaning them up.

I live in Loreto and dropped the reals off for a few days and picked them up on the way back down, so I was unable to check the reals under load. I won't be going back there for anything.

Daveylikesit - 1-10-2011 at 07:19 PM

Thanks.Went to Squidco this morning and picked up a rod.Place doesnt look like much from the outside but lots inside.