BajaNomad

i was boy in tarzan

woody with a view - 1-14-2011 at 09:43 AM

struck up a conversation with gotta-peso on sunday while getting breakfast lengua tacos at catavina. the spot in front of the store has SMOKING good tacos. anyway, highlights of the one sided conversation went something like:

"i was boy in tarzan. i invented the hula hoop, wiffle ball, frizbee, ice cream cone-you know soft serve. ever hear of dairy queen? that's mine, too!"

"how long you been here?"

"3 years" (more like 7!) time stands still in the desert, after all.

"i'm just waiting for my money to show up. you ever hear of fender guitars? i got in an accident once when playing my guitar and when i looked at the fender all bent up it came to me. do you like bread? i invented the bread machine. the slicer. ever hear of wonder bread?"

"hey dude, you want a taco?"

"gotta peso?"

"here's 50. i gotta go bud, i'm hungry. take care....."

rsz_100_7181.jpg - 34kB

DENNIS - 1-14-2011 at 09:46 AM

Someday, that foto will be in history books.

Bread machines too???

goldhuntress - 1-14-2011 at 09:55 AM

My boyfriend and I had a conversation with him awhile back and that day he was a songwriter and he rattled off at least 25 hits he'd written.....and yes, he's there waiting for his royalty check.

DENNIS - 1-14-2011 at 10:41 AM

This guy should write speeches for Democrats. :lol:

durrelllrobert - 1-14-2011 at 10:50 AM

we have a couple guys around punta banda that could put some of his claims to shame. BS is everywhere.

djh - 1-14-2011 at 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS with a slight modification . . .
This guy should write speeches for DXXXXX ooooops.... Politicians ! :lol:

:light:

You've got the right idea, Dennis, but they're pretty much ALL a pack of self-interested-tell-you-whatever-will-get-em-elected-"Encumbancy-Protection-Plan"-for-lifers !!!

Quiote a few folks here like to split hairs over who's better, right, (left), etc., but I swear, telling the Ds and Rs apart (especially in the integrity department) has become increasingly difficult. Just look back at how many Rs and Ds have been convicted the past 20 years :O

GP would fit nicely in either party... at least for a while.... just put him in an Armani suit, give him a flag and a bible..... 'cept, GP would likely tire of the Demublican - Republicrat BS ! ! ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

oladulce - 1-14-2011 at 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view

..."i was boy in tarzan...
"

From now on, anyone who drives through should say "Hey, you're Boy aren't you?".

woody with a view - 1-14-2011 at 12:53 PM

will do.

Martyman - 1-14-2011 at 04:53 PM

I was Spankme in Our Gang.

BajaRat - 1-15-2011 at 09:52 PM

he also invented Campbell's soup and has a mansion in Brazil and several other countries. But he's afraid of dogs...he takes one look at our mutts in the back of the car and it's "adios!!" :)

Hook - 1-15-2011 at 10:19 PM

He also had a strawberry field just over the next hill that was the inspiration for Lennon and Strawberry Fields Forever. Lennon came by once, apparently. Honest, that's what he told me.

"I go by Andy Herr" -Boy

GrOUper-GAr - 1-17-2011 at 11:16 PM

I got an "Interview" with Andy @ his Home in Catavina (summer 2007)
Its vinTage Boy busting out the hits !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKza_q7DPf0

goldhuntress - 1-17-2011 at 11:37 PM

OMG, that is classic "gotta peso"!! Such a cool video!!! Thanks:lol:

David K - 1-17-2011 at 11:59 PM

He must be the world's worst money manager!!! Does he work for the U.S. government, too?

Frisbee (sp?) pie company might have an issue with that part of his story!

BajaWarrior - 1-18-2011 at 05:26 AM

Does he have a shack or trailer he stays in out there? It's gotta be cold at night!

pappy - 1-19-2011 at 02:08 PM

had a very similar chat with him a while back...

woody with a view - 1-19-2011 at 05:39 PM

i'll report back on tuesday.

mcfez - 1-19-2011 at 05:44 PM

This guy is a real entertainer! Hell.....I'd buy him lunch for the show!

Great post woody

fixtrauma - 1-19-2011 at 09:28 PM

You got it right mcfez! He is really an entertainer. I can't imagine passing through Catavina without seeing him at his spot along the road.

bajadogs - 1-20-2011 at 01:00 AM

I talked with him a bit on my motorcycle ride during Thanksgiving. He is definitely eccentric but not stupid. I was a little haunted by his ice cold, piercing blue eyes you would never expect out there. It would be cool to know his whole story.

GrOUper-GAr - 1-20-2011 at 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajadogs
It would be cool to know his whole story.

It would be cooL...
But how would we ever know?
Maybe, he did write 'HOUNd dOG' and force ELVIS to record it.
BWAhahAHhahaha... haha...
...oh, that gets me EVERYTIME.
BuT unlike the wiffle ball's FUN story ( http://www.wiffle.com/welcome.htm ) ,
his story appears to include a ride with speed and MenTaL illness.

Ken Bondy - 1-20-2011 at 10:49 PM

I discovered Pacifico and introduced it to the USA.

mcfez - 1-21-2011 at 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Bondy
I discovered Pacifico and introduced it to the USA.

Yes you did! I invented the fish taco.

:lol:

David K - 1-21-2011 at 11:29 AM

Funny thing about the fish taco... I had to double dare my teenage friends to try fish tacos when we were in San Felipe in 1977... They were 25 cents each back then... Funny how much they liked the things and couldn't get enough!

That was the same year Ralph Rubio was in San Felipe... and the rest is history... another missed opportunity!!:rolleyes: