BajaNomad

Bahia de Los Angeles 200

rts551 - 1-20-2011 at 03:59 PM

Feb 5 2011. Sign-up Feb 4. Most motels already full.

http://www.racing.com.mx/cgi/foro/index.php?topic=36055.0

[img][/img]

Oggie - 1-20-2011 at 05:00 PM

I will be racing for team Chacales as a co-pilot to Igor Galvan or one of his team. Really excited!!

David K - 1-20-2011 at 05:22 PM

Course Map?

DianaT - 1-20-2011 at 05:25 PM

GO Kevin

Unless he won't be there---but if so, GOOD LUCK

rts551 - 1-20-2011 at 06:29 PM

We will look for you Oggie. My son will be racing the KTM ATV.

Thanks Diana.

David. The google earth map is on the last post of the link above.

Curt63 - 1-20-2011 at 06:41 PM

Give em hell Loco Gringuito!

Congrats on making the poster Kevin.

Saludos to Crew Chief!

is there a pro class?

rts551 - 1-20-2011 at 07:56 PM

Thanks Curt

Normally Kevin races Pro, This time looks like only one class.

Quote:
Originally posted by Curt63
Give em hell Loco Gringuito!

Congrats on making the poster Kevin.

Saludos to Crew Chief!

is there a pro class?

[Edited on 1-21-2011 by rts551]

[Edited on 1-21-2011 by rts551]

David K - 1-20-2011 at 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551

Thanks Diana.

Thanks Ralph... that link was an 8+ minute slow flyover of the course, I guess... no map.

Looks like Casa Diaz south to Las Flores almost to the terminal area (end of railroad line) then across the desert to the road south again, then across the desert to the old road, then back north along the mountain and over to near Sammi's (Rincon) and ends neat Muņoz' airstrip, just south of Gecko.

It must me 2 laps for 200 kms.?

motoged - 1-20-2011 at 11:55 PM

I sure hope Al Perret doesn't blow up his Husaberg again this year :lol::lol:

But if he does, it will give a chance for the other over-70 guys have a chance :biggrin:

Last year I did a pre-run with him.....we were neck and neck at first....but then we got on our bikes:lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 1-21-2011 by motoged]

rts551 - 1-21-2011 at 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Quote:

Thanks Diana.

Thanks Ralph... that link was an 8+ minute slow flyover of the course, I guess... no map.

Looks like Casa Diaz south to Las Flores almost to the terminal area (end of railroad line) then across the desert to the road south again, then across the desert to the old road, then back north along the mountain and over to near Sammi's (Rincon) and ends neat Muņoz' airstrip, just south of Gecko.

Look closer after you hit the link. there are three options.
About 57K. The first lap leaves from town. 3 more loop through the desert. little over 200K.

[img][/img]

rts551 - 1-21-2011 at 08:21 AM

Are you going to be there again?

Didn't the guy on the KTM make al 4 laps?

Quote:
Originally posted by motoged
I sure hope Al Perret doesn't blow up his Husaberg again this year :lol::lol:

But if he does, it will give a chance for the other over-70 guys have a chance :biggrin:

Last year I did a pre-run with him.....we were neck and neck at first....but then we got on our bikes:lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 1-21-2011 by motoged]

TMW - 1-21-2011 at 09:23 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks Diana.

DK use the bottom link.

David K - 1-21-2011 at 11:17 AM

Thank you Ralph for posting the map... and TW for input as well... The blue line is the flyover path that I watched for 8 minutes yesterday... I only saw the one bottom link, but anyway Ralph posted the map.

So 1 or 2 laps?

Oggie - 1-21-2011 at 02:24 PM

Quote:
Thank you Ralph for posting the map... and TW for input as well... The blue line is the flyover path that I watched for 8 minutes yesterday... I only saw the one bottom link, but anyway Ralph posted the map.

So 1 or 2 laps?

DK,
The race starts in town, by the park, then south out of town to the loop course where they do 4 laps.

[Edited on 1-21-2011 by Oggie]

motoged - 1-21-2011 at 03:55 PM

Quote:
Are you going to be there again?
Didn't the guy on the KTM make al 4 laps?

RTS,
No, I won't be there this time down in February....Looks like same course as last year, give or take some whoops, deep sand, and errant cactus on corners when you go in too hot...:biggrin:

Al has a place north of town, has some KTM's and was riding a Husaberg last year....apparently blew the crank or something. He is a Baja 1000 veteran and always seems to be in a winning group. I think he rode with Bill Nichols and some other guys over 70 this year in the 1000....and they won their class.

Al is from Kamloops as well and is regarded as one of the Masters in our area....

Rip it up....:cool:

rts551 - 1-21-2011 at 04:58 PM

Thanks. the competition is tough

David K - 1-21-2011 at 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Oggie
Quote:

So 1 or 2 laps?

DK,
The race starts in town, by the park, then south out of town to the loop course where they do 4 laps.

[Edited on 1-21-2011 by Oggie]

Oh, cool... thanks... I won't be there, but it is still intersting... Specially the old, old roads they are using... towards the terminal platform and then on the north-bouund loop... theye were really overgrown a few years ago. I wonder if someone took a machete to the branches?