BajaNomad

SURF TOURNAMENT IN LA BOCANA THIS WKEND

BajaBlanca - 1-21-2011 at 07:12 PM

Hi all - there is a surf tournament put on by BOCANA BEACH SURFERS this weekend. Signups are at Carlos Romero's house. I am no longer sponsoring the club since all of them got surfboards and I have moved onto other sports BUT - it should be a huge and wonderful event.

We have room at our B & B which is right in front of the beach where everyone will be surfing but the rental house I have offered to the Bahia Asuncion JURJOS surf club - which I have been helping out with boards etc. since they are waaaaaaay busier with waves then we are .....

come and see a wonderful event and make sure you eat dinner at Joaquin's Cactus Restaurant !!! we're talking the best lobster you can get .....

Bajamatic - 1-21-2011 at 07:14 PM

Please post plenty of pics for us!

surfdoc - 1-21-2011 at 08:04 PM

Blanca.. is the contest Sat or Sun............I'd love to come down and get photos

But...........yea the gringo in me LOL
Needs internet Saturday night for UFC then Football Sunday....

When will I outgrow this :D

BajaBlanca - 1-22-2011 at 05:30 PM

Bajamatic - I will try to get pics, but I will actually be out of town

surfdoc - the contest is BOTH days and we have wifi AND we have any sports channel you could ever want on our TVs since I got the mega package so that I could have Brazilian TV. Any game you want is gonna be on our livingroom plasma Tv in mega size :bounce:

EVERYONE:feel free to come and hang out and please take tons of pictures. This is the surf club I sponsored in 2010 - see the link below.

While we are gone, our neighbor is the manager of our B & B. Her name is Linda and she is the greatest. If anyone is coming, write me so I can schedule with Joaquin to make you dinner !! He only opens with reservations and man o man is he worth every peso .... lobster ...fish ....clams....salad .... BYOB and enjoy !!

http://sites.google.com/site/bocanabeachsurfers/

[Edited on 1-23-2011 by BajaBlanca]