BajaNomad

Tagging Sea Turtles

alleybenito - 1-23-2011 at 07:20 AM

Got a close look at a Sea turtle yesterday 125lb and beautiful. The underwater world of these creatures and the people involved in tagging them...

ligui - 1-23-2011 at 07:24 AM

Where did you get to do this ? :spingrin: Sounds like great time .

alleybenito - 1-23-2011 at 09:15 AM

Eco-Alianza Loreto put this together..20 students got a real special hands on look. I was one of the lucky boaters involved...

panchokayaks - 1-26-2011 at 11:19 AM

I am offering this sea turtle monitoring trips. The project for Sea Turtles monitoring involves catching, measuring, weighing, tag and release turtles. We offer visitor the option to participate in the process and camp for an overnight in Coronado Island. Trip includes dinner, breakfast and camping gear. We check the net every two hours through the night and people take turns in two or three people to go with us to check the net. People have the chance to name the turtle and receive future information when this turtle is caught somewhere else. Taking visitors is what will make this program sustainable, and in the low season for tourism (summer) we will take locals, including kids and do environmental education with them. We are aiming for long term conservation through educating local community. And taking tourist is a way to make the program sustainable. We are getting brochure and posters made, so I will post them as soon as I get them. We have the "Sea Turtle" conference in La Paz this coming weekend and after that I will post the coming dates for February and March.
Hasta Pronto,

panchokayaks - 1-26-2011 at 11:23 AM

The Eco-Alianza group is the first time we take kids out. Thanks to the volunteers boat and to the participating people who pay for the overnight the night before we were able to offer this trip to the Eco-Alianza kids. Any questions about the program can be send to kayakwhaletour@yahoo.com

panchokayaks - 1-26-2011 at 12:58 PM

Check the following link of the Sea Turtle trip in New Year's

Eve.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PG5lWCnuF8