BajaNomad

Ruben's Palm Grill, Cantamar, Rosarito

Gypsy Jan - 1-31-2011 at 07:46 PM

This is a very good restaurant, any time, all the time, seven days a week.

He has 2-for-1 breakfast specials, Happy Hour Specials, Ladies' Days on Thursday, Men's Days ?

We first met Ruben when he was the Maitre'de for La Fonda.

He was and is dedicated to doing the best for his customers and his restaurant shows this.

The AYCE and AYCD Sunday Brunch is consistently good and they keep mixing it up.

Last Sunday, the grill chef gave me wood-smoked BBQ ribs, carne asada cooked to order and brochettes with beef and chicken.

The dessert bar had fresh, sweet strawberries with a chocolate dip, fresh fruit and flan.

krafty - 1-31-2011 at 07:58 PM

Had a wonderful lunch there last week. So glad they have the same menu The Palm had-especially enjoyed the bisque!

Mexicorn - 1-31-2011 at 09:25 PM

Please post some prices. I've heard others complain the prices are too high .
All agree the food is great.

SteveD - 1-31-2011 at 09:39 PM

Brunch is about $12 US and steak dinners less than $10. Corkage-for a good bottle of wine to go with that steak-is $5.

We were planning to go to brunch a couple of weeks ago but the Mrs. got sick. We will ry again on Presidents weekend.

Mexicorn - 2-1-2011 at 07:07 AM

I like the Corkage fee of $5.00 it's worth brining a bottle of two buck Chuck!
Now What type of food do they have for brunch? The Brunch at Los Pelicanos is $5.95 and sometimes is hit and miss. The Lafonda Brunch is OK but we usually order off the menu because the prices are more reasonable.
Your thoughts......

krafty - 2-1-2011 at 08:49 AM

Brunch is great; name it they have it, from seafood to omelette waffle station, all kinds of breakfast meats and egg dishes, good mix of desserts. mimosas, and usually some kind of live music. along with french toast, grilled bananas and many other dishes. We much prefer the food here to La Fonda, altho you cannot beat the view there.

BajaGringo - 2-1-2011 at 10:41 AM

Had rack of lamb there awhile back - it was wonderful!