BajaNomad

El Pescador, Just a Little Bit South of Puerto Nuevo, Rosarito

Gypsy Jan - 2-1-2011 at 07:20 PM

"What do you want to do next?" the GG (Growling Goumet) asked me after we finished four hours of paying our property taxes at the Palacio Municipal in Rosarito.

I replied, "I'm hungry."

GG then said, "Where do you want to go?"

JR's Fish Tacos was closed. (Tuesday is their day off.)

Going south, tummies unhappy, GG said, "Let's try a new place, El Pescador." (BTW, GG does not like trying new, strange places.)

GG had the special of the day, Pork Loin Sandwich w/Potato Salad and I had the BBQ Sandwich w/french fries. Excellent food and I was happy that the thin-McDonalds-type fries were delivered unsalted.

Jorge was very gracious and gave us a complementary plate of their BBQ brisket. It is the real deal. The meat had that pink ring around and it smelled like smoke. Onolichious!

2 sandwiches and sides plus a soda and a Bohemia beer cost MN $120

Whoops

Dave - 2-1-2011 at 08:01 PM

If you're believe it's South you'll be searching for-ev-er. It's actually a bit North of PN.

bajaking76 - 2-4-2011 at 02:36 PM

That place(el pezcador) is owned by my wifes family (Los Perez). They used to own the Hardware store nextdoor. Nice people, they actually made that place better since they bought it.....But I would not bypass Baja Jr's for El Pezcador, if Jr's it is open that is...:smug: You may also want to try Tapanco which is owned by Alfredo Perez (same family). Tapanco is a really nice place. It is located about 2+ miles South of Baja Jr's. Before the OXXO on the main BLVD. Dont forget to ask for your fast track pass pass to use the Emergency lane when coming back(Tapanco has them).

Bajaking

krafty - 2-4-2011 at 05:23 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE Tapanco-was there last night for birthday celebration-Alfredo #12 is the real deal-lovely family,fab food. They have the best shrimp costa azul

El Tapanco is Magnifico!

Gypsy Jan - 2-4-2011 at 09:45 PM

Hi bajaking76,

We love El Tapanco and I have written about it on Baja Nomad before.

The fire roasted rib eye steak, the perfectly grilled rack of lamb and the broiled salmon are delicious.

Well, heck, everything on the menu is delicious, including the venison.

The dining room next to the wood-fired grill is an intimate and warm; a romantic place and the outside patio with the waterfall is just perfect for a meal, a beverage and a good time.

bajaking76 - 2-7-2011 at 07:00 AM

Alfredo's wife also happens to be my cousin from my mom's side so we go there allot. The table-side salsa preparation is cool.....

artistlily - 2-7-2011 at 06:35 PM

Does anyone know if there are any one bedroom homes available to rent in El Pescador Community? Will be arriving around end of next week. Want long term rental eventually, but need to check out what is there first. Have not been to Baja in 18 years and that was for 4 months in Mulege. Loved it there. Want to be on Pacific side by ocean and close to border in a safe American friendly community. Where would you send your sister? Not getting support on this side. Being discouraged every time I talk to someone. Location, Location. Live now in North Coastal San Diego and great references. Quiet,, not a partyier or smoker. Been managing over 40 places here. I am the tenant you wish you had.
Being a newbie, Not sure whether to leave my info. Planned to just arrive and look around. Will be bringing my own bedding. and towels. Appreciate some guidance.

krafty - 2-7-2011 at 06:37 PM

Jan, do you know what evenings Pescador has live music? Trying to get a group together for a Thursday..........

bajaking76 - 2-8-2011 at 09:11 AM

Artistlily:
I know a real estate agent that lives in that community that may be able to help you.

krafty:I know El Pescador owner...I will get their contact info and send you both a u2u but it wont be till tomorrow. :coolup:

Saludos,
BaJaKiNg

krafty - 2-8-2011 at 12:02 PM

Thanks a bunch, Bajaking!!

OK Dave and Krafty

Gypsy Jan - 2-8-2011 at 01:08 PM

Dave, I missed your correction of my misdirection. Well, the title of the post sounded romantic. Anyway, my apologies and thanks.

Krafty, I don't know anything about the live music schedule except that there is a big bar area, with a bandstand and dance floor, and they have big signs promoting live music. I am sure you can put together a great party.

Here is a link to Pescador's website: http://www.fiestabaja.com/

Buen Provecho, GJ