BajaNomad

Ensenada Fishing reports

theBajabum - 2-17-2011 at 10:24 AM

FYI People.
I built this fishing reports database myself and call the charter owners each day for updates.
All the charters can be found on www.ensenada.com

Ensenada streaming fish reports HERE>>>>

mcfez - 2-17-2011 at 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by theBajabum
FYI People.
I built this fishing reports database myself and call the charter owners each day for updates.
All the charters can be found on www.ensenada.com

Ensenada streaming fish reports HERE>>>>

I make Web sites for our businesses (www.kissmygrass.com) and for many of my associates. Your site here is good! Nicely done with the simplicity.....my key to a good site.

http://www.ensenada.com/index.php?option=com_sobi2&catid...
Will done with the buttons!

theBajabum - 2-17-2011 at 05:38 PM

thanks mang..................................

DENNIS - 2-17-2011 at 06:37 PM

Great info. Thanks a lot, Bajabum. Looks like you put a lot of work into this.

Skipjack Joe - 2-17-2011 at 06:43 PM

What fish are you referring to with 'Red Snapper'?

theBajabum - 2-18-2011 at 10:54 AM

That's just what the boats report to me.
Probably a mix of cod, grouper, etc.
I think when they don't have a clear count they call it re snapper. All bottom fish.
Weather is going to suck this weekend so not sure what kind of reports I will get.

This time of year bottom fishing is good but, most of the boats are doing whale watching because they make more money doing it than local fishing.

I call every day for reports and spend Friday - Monday every week in ENS. I am also the owner of one charter.
(Selena 8 pack) We however, don't do whale watching on Selena.

[Edited on 2-18-2011 by theBajabum]

DENNIS - 2-18-2011 at 11:02 AM

Quote:
This time of year bottom fishing is good but, most of the boats are doing whale watching because they make more money doing it than local fishing.

Do you get the feeling that more people are coming down for whale watching trips? Any indication of a return of confidence in the area is a good one.

theBajabum - 2-18-2011 at 11:38 AM

Poco a poco.....................
I am seeing more people for this time of year.
After Carnaval is when the gringos start showing up in numbers.

If we have a good Albacore bite this season, the fishermen will come. They are not freaked out like most American tourists.

Sergio books over 100 whale watching passengers on saturdays but most are Mexican locals.

We have had three bad years but we have to keep our head up till things turn around. The talk on the street is Colderon has got one foot out the door and the other on a banana peel.

I have been crossing the border through TJ twice a week for 10 years and never have a problem or been around one. Ensenada is as quiet as it has ever been. Just the opisit of what most gringo thing. But......I'm only one guy with a voice............ The U.S. new media just blasts MX every chance they get.

DENNIS - 2-18-2011 at 11:53 AM

Quote:
The U.S. new media just blasts MX every chance they get.

Are they reporting facts or are they lying? What is the Mexican opinion on this since you seem to be aware of these things. Thanks.

theBajabum - 2-18-2011 at 12:27 PM

It's clear that the U.S. media takes a story and blows it up out of proportion.
Something can happens in Mexico City but it’s still just MEXICO. Baja takes the hit for anything that happens even if it’s three thousand miles away.

Most people on the street blame the problems on Calderon and the politicos for starting a war with the Narcos that they can’t win. They also believe that Calderon is doing nothing more that helping certain Narcos get rid of the competition.
In general: Most people I talk to don’t have much faith in politicos.
The U.S. is now giving Mexico tons of money to support the war on drugs. A new president will not say no to that money because he can take part of it for himself.
So, again, no real answer.

The U.S. wants people spending their money in the U.S., so it make since that they put out bulletins to stay out of Mexico. The US spends 40 billion a year on the so called “war on drugs” where does it end?

I believe safety has become a good business that is easily sold to the public and provides a reason to read our emails and invade our privacy when ever they want. More control and more huge contracts using tax money. Funny how many politicians invested big money in these types of businesses.

chit man…………….this was a fishing report thread………
I will stop now and head for my home south of the border.
Viva Ensenada!!!!!!!!!!

DENNIS - 2-18-2011 at 12:38 PM

Quote:
…………….this was a fishing report thread………

:lol::lol: It still is. Sometimes it's hard to get away from the full picture.
Thanks for the Mexican side of things. It's something we rarely hear.
By the way.... that part about the US giving 400 million dollars to Mexico while trashing them to improve domestic tourism is pure bulchitt. Tell your friends down by the water.

Thanks again.

Skipjack Joe - 2-18-2011 at 01:24 PM

That's great.

Perhaps you could stream fish reports for the entire peninsula. A lot of us miss those old reports from mexfish.com.

Pescador - 2-18-2011 at 02:52 PM

Skipjack, they are still being done to some level on Western Outdoor News by Robin Wade.

Cypress - 2-18-2011 at 03:32 PM

Sea of Cortez fish reports? ;D You should have been here yesterday seems to be the gist of it.:(