BajaNomad

Cabo and back Feb 4 - 14 - photo tour

Barbarosa - 3-1-2011 at 11:21 AM

I'm still not ready to write it up. Gonna take some time which I don't have right now. But, maybe even better (worth a thousand words?)...

Did I mention we had a professional photographer along? Not his lifelong career -- he's had varied careers -- but he's got amazing talent and has gone back to school. So, definitely worth a viewing (and tells a pretty good tale):

http://papaboop.smugmug.com/Travel/Baja-With-Barbarosa

In the first photo, the photographer is upper left, I'm in the Desperado Hat, and m' lovely wife, Connie, is down front in the bright colors. (In subsequent photos, the photographer is often in tie-dies.)

I bet those of you in the Los Barriles area know our dear friends down there, JoAnn and Russ (pic #33).

And be sure not to miss pic # 53! (All I can say is, "WOW!")

Enjoy.

vandenberg - 3-1-2011 at 11:51 AM

Thanks for that trip display.
And # 53 is indeed a nice shot. Best display of that municipal building I've ever seen.

[Edited on 3-1-2011 by vandenberg]

bajajudy - 3-1-2011 at 12:19 PM

Great to trip with you!

Barbarosa - 3-1-2011 at 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajajudy
Great to trip with you!

My pleasure. (Fun to re-live, of course.)

Shouldda mentioned that 2 couples incl the photographer hadda leave early (he was off to another photo class), so they headed directly from Catavina to the border.

The rest of us spent another night checking out Ensenada. Hence our most wonderful dinner at Muelle Tres hasn't been properly documented (yet).

Lauriboats - 3-1-2011 at 04:04 PM

Super nice photos, looks like a great trip.

rhintransit - 3-1-2011 at 07:17 PM

great photos...thanks.
please check your u2u.

mcfez - 3-2-2011 at 06:49 AM

Of all the years being here at BN.....you have just submitted the best photo essay that I have seen. The B&W of the older folks are outstanding.

Someone has a keen eye.

Really great stuff.

Now the bunch of you go get cleaned up...shave and haircuts, ya all look like Vikings.

Barbarosa - 3-2-2011 at 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mcfez
Of all the years being here at BN.....you have just submitted the best photo essay that I have seen. The B&W of the older folks are outstanding.

Someone has a keen eye.

Really great stuff.

Now the bunch of you go get cleaned up...shave and haircuts, ya all look like Vikings.

Re: the photography, I'll be sure he sees this.

Re: Vikings, whatcha do, go take a peek at my geneology?

Barbarosa - 3-2-2011 at 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mcfez

Now the bunch of you go get cleaned up...

Hey, funny story: A friend up here (Bay Area) heard of my plan to take a bunch of (mostly Harley) dudes down to Baja and expressed concerned that we'd terrify 'em down there. Fact is, that's way more likely up here. Down there they all *love* bikes and bikers, esp th' kids.

Marc - 3-2-2011 at 09:26 PM

Stunning photography. I am forwarding the link to friends in EU.

Skipjack Joe - 3-2-2011 at 09:34 PM

Thank you for sharing your images. Image #101 caught my eye.

I portraiture at the end were the best group if images. You seem to be able to make feel at ease and it shows in their expressions.

Ken Bondy - 3-2-2011 at 10:02 PM

That was fabulous!! Some wonderful photography in there....he really does people well. Great job!!

Bob H - 3-2-2011 at 10:58 PM

Wow, I totally agree with Ken Bondy. Fantastic stuff. You guys had a whole of of fun on your trip... for sure.

Loved it.

msawin - 3-2-2011 at 11:03 PM

Wow. Those were great photos. The colors
just bounced out.... It looks like you had a great ride.
For me 10 days, but who is counting? 9,8,7.......

Skipjack Joe - 3-2-2011 at 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Bondy

....he really does people well.

Yes, that's what I was trying to say. :lol:

I just reread my post and can't understand what I wrote. But that's what I meant.

Barbarosa - 3-3-2011 at 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by msawin
Wow. Those were great photos.
It looks like you had a great ride.

As to your first point, that explains why I never even got my own camera out.

As to the other point, here's some tidbits about pic #7:

It explains how the first day got away from me and we ended up riding into Jardines in San Quintin in the dark.

The bike nearest the camera is mine. Finest touring bike ever mass produced by anyone.

willyAirstream - 3-3-2011 at 09:50 AM

Great pics! 106 and 111 are top notch