BajaNomad

Fishing License Questions

MaxStar - 3-13-2011 at 10:43 PM

Hey guys. Might seem like a stupid question, but here goes. I'm trying to buy a license on the Best Baja Fishing site. It says a license for a month is almost $400. This is pesos, right? Just making sure.

Also, I'll be fishing from shore and from a small 17' boat with an outboard. Which Fishing Zone does my license need to be for?

Thanks Guys!

dtbushpilot - 3-13-2011 at 11:12 PM

Fishing from shore is free. Licences are available locally in many places and necessary for fishing from a boat, where are you going?.....dt

MaxStar - 3-14-2011 at 06:17 AM

We're driving from California to Los Frailes. Plans are to stop at Campo Rene and fish Estero Coyote and Mag Bay, but a firm itinerary hasn't been set yet.

mulegejim - 3-14-2011 at 06:47 AM

I have used this site - fairly easy understand and you can print out the license right on line. Jim

http://www2.ebajacalifornia.gob.mx/Pesca/index.jsp?i=Eua

Martyman - 3-14-2011 at 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dtbushpilot
Fishing from shore is free. Licences are available locally in many places and necessary for fishing from a boat, where are you going?.....dt

Finding licenses locally is not always easy, get your license on line before you go

Hendo - 3-14-2011 at 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MaxStar
Hey guys. Might seem like a stupid question, but here goes. I'm trying to buy a license on the Best Baja Fishing site. It says a license for a month is almost $400. This is pesos, right? Just making sure.

Also, I'll be fishing from shore and from a small 17' boat with an outboard. Which Fishing Zone does my license need to be for?

Thanks Guys!

Hendo - 3-14-2011 at 08:41 AM

I too am wondering which zone to select. The Federal zone or the Pacific zone?

BajaBlanca - 3-14-2011 at 08:46 AM

MaxStar - if you go to campo rene, be sure and pay us a visit - continue past campo rene, go thru punta abreojos, turn right at a street called miguel dominguez and follow ten miles of salt flats straight into la bocana.

as you are getting close to town, you will see the white 2 story bldg at the north end of town. ask anyone for les y blanca or ask for calle erizo - that is us at our B & B. we wd love to meet you !! come have a beverage or 2 with us !!

Blanca and Les

willyAirstream - 3-14-2011 at 08:51 AM

As Mulegejim said
https://www2.ebajacalifornia.gob.mx/Pesca/
very easy, save the pdf, print copies as spares, about 42usd

full instructions and explanations here
http://www.bajabound.com/before/permits/fishing.asp

Pescador - 3-14-2011 at 11:57 AM

the only problem with the online license purchase is the place is located in Baja California Norte and the monies submitted go to the Ensenada fishery. So I still choose to buy my license locally and the money stays in my area.

CaboMagic - 3-14-2011 at 03:40 PM

Thank you for making the point and post Pescador ... the lament heard many times from local authorities in CSL and SJD ... this has caused boats to be turned back for licenses not having the local stamp on it .. have posted about this numerous times and was even accused of trying to get $ unecessarily out of visitors .. but es verdad ... perhaps thats why they were turned back - quien sabe?

For visitors who will fish at various locations along the peninsula , do recommend the site suggested by mulegejim and willyairstream.

As always ~ magic best fishes ...

edited for correction ...

[Edited on 3-14-2011 by CaboMagic]

mtgoat666 - 3-14-2011 at 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CaboMagic
Thank you for making the point and post Pescador ... the lament heard many times from local authorities in CSL and SJD ... this has caused boats to be turned back for licenses not having the local stamp on it .. have posted about this numerous times and was even accused of trying to get $ unecessarily out of visitors .. but es verdad ... perhaps thats why they were turned back - quien sabe?

For visitors who will fish at various locations along the peninsula , do recommend the site suggested by mulegejim and willyairstream.

As always ~ magic best fishes ...

edited for correction ...

[Edited on 3-14-2011 by CaboMagic]

interesting point about areas.
have you ever bought license from the purported conapesca office in san diego? http://www.conapescasandiego.org

perhaps call them to get all your answers. perhaps they are best mail order license for gringos as they use US address.

anybody ever bought from the sd office??

bajaandy - 3-14-2011 at 06:47 PM

I have purchased my Mex lic. at the Conapesca office in SD. Very easy, one stop shopping, and no surcharges like some of the tackle shops do. I've also purchased my license at the above linked website as others have mentioned. Both work just fine as far as I'm concerned.

[Edited on 3-15-2011 by bajaandy]

BajaDanD - 3-14-2011 at 11:31 PM

We always wait and get ours as we pass through Ensenada From the Secretery of tourism. Its on the main drag if you are going the scenic route by the Marina you dont have to turn off any where Its on the left side of the road across from the Hotel carona tell them where you will be fishing and they will know what to do. In and out in 5 minutes there is a $$$ exchange across the street a block up that we also stop at.
here's a link to a map showing where its at.
click on the map it gets bigger
http://www.enjoyensenada.com/english/citymap.jsp

[Edited on 3-15-2011 by BajaDanD]

[Edited on 3-15-2011 by BajaDanD]

akshadow - 3-15-2011 at 06:26 AM

I have been told in San Felipe to get them at the "Capitain of the Port' located in the Port. The tourist office told me they do not sell them. This information is a couple of years old. So it may have changed.

The main problem was the lack of office hours for the Port office.

mcfez - 3-16-2011 at 09:18 AM

Go on line and get the license. One can ask for overnight mailing. I get all my needs from info@vagabundos.com

The have insurance too .
The fishing license is $42.00 for one year.
Boat registration is no longer required.

Shore fishing ....no license required.

San Felipe to get them at the "Capitain of the Port' located in the Port. This is still true BUT: you best be able to speak Spanish 110 % and have patience to wait around till someone there shows up to handle the transaction. Days sometimes :?:

shari - 3-16-2011 at 11:21 AM

if you are taking your boat or going on a panga out in any marine parks or biosphere reserves (lke campo rene estuary) you will also need a day permit which is 50 pesos a day and you get a little paper bracelet...maybe campo rene or Blanca has them now...there is an officer who checks boats now.

BajaBlanca - 3-16-2011 at 04:35 PM

I don't have them .... do you have any extra that i can buy from you shari ???? ummmm, I mean, maybe we have to pay bahia asuncion a visit soon !!

:O:O:O:spingrin::spingrin::spingrin:

yellowklr - 3-18-2011 at 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
if you are taking your boat or going on a panga out in any marine parks or biosphere reserves (lke campo rene estuary) you will also need a day permit which is 50 pesos a day and you get a little paper bracelet...maybe campo rene or Blanca has them now...there is an officer who checks boats now.

In La Bocana even when we are checked its only been for a fishing License........This Biosphere has never even been brought up Bocana. Don't know why but its a fact jack.

BajaBlanca - 3-19-2011 at 07:21 PM

yeah .... it has never been brought up but it wd be so much better if they had someone here to represent the biosphere !! which the coop may be handling and if they don't I will.

fishabductor - 3-19-2011 at 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MaxStar
We're driving from California to Los Frailes. Plans are to stop at Campo Rene and fish Estero Coyote and Mag Bay, but a firm itinerary hasn't been set yet.

I get mine at any tackleshop in san Diego...good reason to stop at a tackleshop:lol:

You will not find one in LF!