BajaNomad

itzel

John M - 3-15-2011 at 10:00 AM

I have been wondering how Itzel is doing. I am sure other people are too. Please keep us informed.

Thanks Mrs. M

DENNIS - 3-15-2011 at 11:33 AM

I was thinking of this just the other day. Does anybody have some follow-up?

BajaBlanca - 3-15-2011 at 11:55 AM

time for Antonio to check in to Baja Nomads ........... big hugs to Itzel, wherever she may be playing :)

a-commit - 3-28-2011 at 07:14 PM

To all the Nomads:
Itzel is doing extremely well. Itzel will get a full 6-month check up in Tijuana in about 3 weeks. A preliminary exam showed her heart is functioning normally, her blood pressure is almost exactly were it needs to be. She and her entire family are doing well living in El Rosario.
Regards,
Andy
Commitment

DENNIS - 3-28-2011 at 07:22 PM

Thanks Andy. So good to hear.

woody with a view - 3-28-2011 at 07:25 PM

ditto. we passed thru last monday and wanted to stop in at the hotel and say hi to mom. antonio has hired her on and says she is one of his best hires!

Good Luck Itzel!!!!!

desertcpl - 3-28-2011 at 07:27 PM

thats great that she is doing good
but just one more question,

how is Itzel's mother doing

[Edited on 3-29-2011 by desertcpl]

David K - 3-29-2011 at 07:59 AM

Thanks Andy...

Neal Johns - 3-29-2011 at 11:39 AM

When DK hit the top of my camper with a palm tree and then broke my differential after luring me, innocent me, to Mission Impossible, Itzel's mom was the point of contact with Antonio.

Antonio (He owns the Baja Cactus Motel - the best motel in Baja) gave me free lodging and spent hours finding and shipping a ring and pinion to El Rosario.

I can't say enough good thinks about both of then.

And then there's DK....:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

P.S. Isela is one of my WiW's, so hands off that gorgeous mom.

mulegemichael - 3-29-2011 at 04:28 PM

el marmol must be cursed; beachgirl and i had a flat back there a couple of years ago; a huge square nail...i made up for it by piling as much rock in MY TOYOTA as i could...or maybe it's a "toyota thing"???

John M - 3-31-2011 at 10:11 AM

H Andy,
Thank you so much for th eupdate on Itzel and her family.

Mrs M

woody with a view - 7-17-2011 at 10:11 AM

was at the local vallarta market getting pozole this morning and the girl behind the counter was named Itzel. i told her about a little girl in baja named Itzel, and what a pretty name they shared. she was blushing.....

got me thinking about our little friend in el rosario. wonder how she's doing?

Itzel update

John M - 7-17-2011 at 11:54 AM

Woody, when we stopped at Baja Cactus this past May Barbara had an occassion to talk to Itzel's mom. She said (subject to our best translation skills) - Itzel is gaining weight, and always smiling. - Times like that we sure wish we spoke better and more Spanish.

But mom was happy and seemed very pleased with her progress.

John and Barbara M.

Fairbanks47 - 7-17-2011 at 02:17 PM

Thank you Andy for the update! The get together in Sd after Itzel's operation was such a heart warming moment that will be a very fond memory for the rest of my wife's and my life!

Nov. 11, 2010

David K - 7-17-2011 at 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Fairbanks47
Thank you Andy for the update! The get together in Sd after Itzel's operation was such a heart warming moment that will be a very fond memory for the rest of my wife's and my life!

Itzel with her brother and mother

Itzel and her surgeon

Antonio with Andy and the doctor

[Edited on 7-17-2011 by David K]

[Edited on 7-17-2011 by David K]

David K - 9-12-2012 at 12:38 PM

Thought I would pop up this thread... as I just finished talking with Antonio (BajaCactus)... and he will be posting an update on Itzel's condition in a few days. It has been nothing short of a miracle for her, her mother and her brother, indeed.

shari - 9-12-2012 at 01:14 PM

what is Itzel's mom's name? Maybe it's her I talk to on the phone when I make reservations?

this is such a wonderful success story...a huge round of applause for all who helped make this miracle happen!

BajaBlanca - 9-12-2012 at 03:18 PM

HIP HIP HOORAY !!!

David K - 9-12-2012 at 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
what is Itzel's mom's name? Maybe it's her I talk to on the phone when I make reservations?

this is such a wonderful success story...a huge round of applause for all who helped make this miracle happen!

Isela Osuna